This year's show doesn't disappoint, as Volkswagen debuts the clever, little Tarok Concept. However, it did say that it "will soon be offering a series version of the Tarok Concept on the market in Brazil" and "the avantgarde pick-up also has the potential to boost Volkswagen's model range in other global markets".
A few days ago we showed you a sketch of a new small ute planned by Volkswagen for the South American market that the company made no secret of the fact that it was considering it for a wider audience.More news: Man: Age Change Will Improve Luck on Tinder
Aesthetically, the Tarok builds on the updated VW pickup aesthetic established earlier this year by the Atlas Tanoak concept in ny, which in turn was a neat generation leap over the 2010-present Amarok global pickup truck they now produce.
Inside, the Tarok has a customisable digital instrumentation screen, a high-resolution infotainment system, and colour-coded dashboard and door trim accents.More news: Wayne Rooney farewell ticket sales will not go to player's foundation
The striking feature of the Tarok Concept is its variable loading area concept.
Volkswagen Tarok Concept is powered with turbocharged 1.4 liter four-cylinder engine that is rated at 148hp. The suck-squeeze-bang-blow is sent to all four wheels by a six-speed automatic transmission with a torque converter. Owners can tumble the back seats and then fold the lower rear cab panel forward, while the tailgate can also form an extension on the other end. The Tarok pickup, however, is longer than the T-Cross SUV, which means the former sits on a slightly larger version of the MQB A0 architecture than the one on which the latter is based. The mill is designed with a TotalFlex Fuel Unit specifically for the Brazilian market, allowing it to run on pure ethanol (E100) or the E22 blend. However, the production model will get a different powerplant because a 2.0-litre turbodiesel making 148 bhp will be the only mill available at launch.More news: Poop in hand, Bill Gates backs China’s toilet revolution
- Fossil Sport comes with Snapdragon Wear 3100 to extend battery life
- Nintendo to remove offensive Native American designs from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Tamera Mowry-Housley And Husband Search For Missing Niece After California Shooting
- Rassie Erasmus trains André Esterhuizen to dish out 'Owen Farrell tackle'
- Take-Two is being evasive about Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC
- AMD's Zen 2 architecture heralds the coming of Ryzen 3 processors
- Trump BLOWS UP at Jim Acosta: 'You are a rude, awful person'
- Jose Mourinho trolls FA in hilarious post-match interview
- Xiaomi unveils Mi AirDots Youth Edition, $30 truly wireless earbuds
- At least eleven wounded in shooting at bar in southern California