China on Wednesday once again declined to quantify the financial assistance it is willing to provide to Pakistan after the just-concluded visit of Prime Minister Imran Khan to Beijing even as it termed his talks with top Chinese leaders "very successful".
"Both the countries have agreed to finalise a Free Trade Agreement before June 2019, said Dawood, adding that the next round of talks would be held in Beijing".
"Pakistan is China's all weather partner".
"We had told you about the $12 billion financing gap, of which $6 billion have come from Saudi Arabia, and the rest has come from China. I want to make that clear in unequivocal terms that we do not have any balance of payments crisis now", said Umar, who accompanied Khan to China.More news: Danny Welbeck injury: Has Welbeck played his last game for Arsenal?
China has invested tens of billions of dollars in Pakistan in recent years as part of its Belt and Road Initiative - which aims to link the economies of Asia, Africa and Europe via huge infrastructural projects.
"Pakistan and China have agreed to broaden the CPEC trajectory, and it will now be one corridor with many doors", he said.
Some of his ministers too sounded critical of it.
It would be Pakistan's 13th rescue package from the multilateral lender since the late 1980s.More news: Emma Thompson sweetly tries to steal a kiss from Prince William
Local media believes the gaffe is rather ironic since Khan is in Beijing to secure monetary aid from China to stall the impending economic crisis in Pakistan.
Earlier on Monday, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said he was feeling very confident after returning from a productive visit to China led by PM Imran Khan.
A court in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday summoned Prime Minister Imran Khan to appear before it on December 13 in a case filed by the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf chief's rival candidate in the July 25 general elections over his alleged relation with a USA national, Sita White. "We believe our ties withstood the test of times in domestic and global changes", she said.
The two sides agreed to further strengthen China-Pakistan all-weather strategic partnership and build a new era to closer the CMB community.More news: Democrats have a plan if Trump fires Mueller in 'Saturday Night Massacre'
- Aggressive Trump tries to consolidate position with Sessions firing before Mueller report
- Elsa Hosk Models Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra 2018
- Europa League: Sarri criticizes Chelsea players after 1-0 win over BATE
- These Are the Victims in the Thousand Oaks Bar Shooting
- A phone and a tablet- Samsung reveals foldable smartphone
- Massive wind-fueled fire threatens NorCal town of Paradise
- Meg Ryan, John Mellencamp engaged, confirmed by Meg Ryan Instagram photo
- Mets fire hitting coach Roessler, bullpen coach Bones
- New Fast-Track Measures to Deny Asylum to Illegal Immigrants
- Hundreds Line Up To Donate Blood For Those Wounded In California Shooting