Early Friday, Cheddi Jagan International Airport reported that a Fly Jamaica aircraft carrying 128 individuals, including 120 passengers and eight crew members, made an emergency landing at the Georgetown Airport.
The pilot reportedly claimed he started to experience technical issues with the hydraulics about 20 minutes into their flight and it forced him to turn around to its departure airport, according to Mr Patterson.
The plane is a much older model than the Boeing 737 MAX operated by Indonesia's Lion Air that nose-dived into the Java Sea last month, killing 189 passengers and crew. One of the aircraft's turbines is seen badly damaged after it apparently hit the barrier.
Those injured are in non-life-threatening condition and being treated in hospital.More news: Star Wars: Diego Luna Will Star in a Rogue One Prequel Series
"They are all stable and are being looked at", Minister of Public Infrastructure, David Patterson said.
"No reports of any broken bones or such", he said.
"We can confirm that Fly Jamaica flight OJ256 bound for Toronto has returned to Georgetown with a technical problem and has suffered an accident on landing", the airline said.
Boeing delivered the final 757 in 2005 after more than two decades of production that saw the longest-ever single-aisle airliner become a mainstay of trans-Atlantic routes and cross-continental flights in the U.S.More news: Trump’s Pro-Nancy Pelosi Tweet Baffles Twitter: ‘Genuine or Nah?’
The passengers included one American, 82 Canadians, 35 Guyanese, one Pakistani and one Trinidadian. The US National Transportation Safety Board was alerted.
The Airline has since said it is providing local assistance and "will further release information as soon as it is available".
The plane touched down at 2.53am, when it overshot the runway.More news: Mets fire hitting coach Roessler, bullpen coach Bones
- U.S. court halts construction of Keystone XL oil pipeline
- CVS Health reports good financial results in Q3
- WTI Crude Settles in Bear Market, Down 21% From October Peak
- Mourinho hails Fellaini as United's game-changer
- Susan Westwood Arrested for Harassing 2 Black Women in Charlotte Parking Lot
- Arsenal held at home by Sporting
- A phone and a tablet- Samsung reveals foldable smartphone
- Thousand Oaks Bar Shooter Ian Long Posted on Instagram During Killings
- 'Terrorist' on stabbing rampage shot dead in Melbourne
- Democrats have a plan if Trump fires Mueller in 'Saturday Night Massacre'