Early Friday, Cheddi Jagan International Airport reported that a Fly Jamaica aircraft carrying 128 individuals, including 120 passengers and eight crew members, made an emergency landing at the Georgetown Airport.
The pilot reportedly claimed he started to experience technical issues with the hydraulics about 20 minutes into their flight and it forced him to turn around to its departure airport, according to Mr Patterson.
The plane is a much older model than the Boeing 737 MAX operated by Indonesia's Lion Air that nose-dived into the Java Sea last month, killing 189 passengers and crew. One of the aircraft's turbines is seen badly damaged after it apparently hit the barrier.
Those injured are in non-life-threatening condition and being treated in hospital.More news: Marine combat veteran kills 12 in crowded California bar
"They are all stable and are being looked at", Minister of Public Infrastructure, David Patterson said.
"No reports of any broken bones or such", he said.
"We can confirm that Fly Jamaica flight OJ256 bound for Toronto has returned to Georgetown with a technical problem and has suffered an accident on landing", the airline said.
Boeing delivered the final 757 in 2005 after more than two decades of production that saw the longest-ever single-aisle airliner become a mainstay of trans-Atlantic routes and cross-continental flights in the U.S.More news: 'Terrorist' on stabbing rampage shot dead in Melbourne
The passengers included one American, 82 Canadians, 35 Guyanese, one Pakistani and one Trinidadian. The US National Transportation Safety Board was alerted.
The Airline has since said it is providing local assistance and "will further release information as soon as it is available".
The plane touched down at 2.53am, when it overshot the runway.More news: A phone and a tablet- Samsung reveals foldable smartphone
- Reports of active shooter turn out to be malfunctioning water heater
- Formula One to race on streets of Vietnam’s capital city
- Democrats have a plan if Trump fires Mueller in 'Saturday Night Massacre'
- Imelda Marcos arrest warrant issued after failing to appear in court
- Intense videos show the Camp Fire ravaging Northern California
- Trump’s Pro-Nancy Pelosi Tweet Baffles Twitter: ‘Genuine or Nah?’
- Verizon Prepaid makes some changes, now includes autopay discount and more
- Ariana Grande Stumbles and Falls During Performance on 'Ellen'
- Lewis Hamilton arrives for Brazil GP in tracksuit and denim combo
- China doesn't reveal if it offered loans to Pakistan