Despite all that, there doesn't seem to be any animosity between the Cowboys and Bryant.
The Saints have been short of options at wide receiver beyond star Michael Thomas this season.More news: Papa Gino's abruptly closes numerous pizzeria locations
Here's how the rest of Twitter responded to the signing. "Right when I got here, he took me under his wing".
Since being selected by the Cowboys 24th overall in the 2010 NFL Draft, Bryant has spent his entire career in Dallas, including three Pro Bowl seasons. I look forward to building a rapport with him.
Bryant, who turned 30 on Sunday, had been on the open market since he was released by Dallas in April, when he was due to receive $12.5 million. At the same time, New Orleans is without deep threat Ted Ginn Jr., who is now on injured reserve and won't be eligible to return until the final few weeks of the season, if he's ready by then.
Although the Saints (7-1) have a seven-game win streak and are the No. 2 scoring team in the National Football League, they are thin on proven receivers.More news: RUMOR: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Icons on PS4 Servers Suggest Imminent Game Awards Announcement
Colin Cowherd explained Wednesday on FS1 why Bryant should send a thank you note to Patriots wide receiver Josh Gordon upon signing with the Saints.
Bryant now enhances what was already a very risky Saints offense, giving them one of the NFL's best red zone weapons since he came into the league in 2010.
Besides Garrett, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was also excited to see Bryant get a new job.
"It's not like you just hand him a playbook and expect him to learn it overnight", Brees said. I think for any new guy coming in, especially a skill player, it's new verbiage. "It seems like a real good opportunity for him and I know it'll help their team".More news: Bryce Harper Won't Be Signing With Yankees
- Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall arrive Abuja
- Could Steelers use franchise tag on Le'Veon Bell again?
- Real Madrid fullback Dani Carvajal: Lopetegui best coach I've had
- Billboard names Ariana Grande 2018 Woman of the Year
- Iran Foreign Minister Takes To YouTube Against "Unlawful" US Sanctions
- Rohit Sharma overtakes Virat Kohli; becomes India`s leading run scorer in T20Is
- Supreme Court Throws Out Industry Appeal of Obama-Era Net Neutrality Rules
- Harvick takes Texas to clinch championship spot
- Trump hopes to meet N.Korea leader next year but counsels patience
- Rihanna doesn't want Trump playing her songs at his rallies