Despite all that, there doesn't seem to be any animosity between the Cowboys and Bryant.
The Saints have been short of options at wide receiver beyond star Michael Thomas this season.More news: Mysterious object spotted in solar system may have been an alien probe
Here's how the rest of Twitter responded to the signing. "Right when I got here, he took me under his wing".
Since being selected by the Cowboys 24th overall in the 2010 NFL Draft, Bryant has spent his entire career in Dallas, including three Pro Bowl seasons. I look forward to building a rapport with him.
Bryant, who turned 30 on Sunday, had been on the open market since he was released by Dallas in April, when he was due to receive $12.5 million. At the same time, New Orleans is without deep threat Ted Ginn Jr., who is now on injured reserve and won't be eligible to return until the final few weeks of the season, if he's ready by then.
Although the Saints (7-1) have a seven-game win streak and are the No. 2 scoring team in the National Football League, they are thin on proven receivers.More news: Northern Districts’ batsmen create world record, smashing 43 runs off an over
Colin Cowherd explained Wednesday on FS1 why Bryant should send a thank you note to Patriots wide receiver Josh Gordon upon signing with the Saints.
Bryant now enhances what was already a very risky Saints offense, giving them one of the NFL's best red zone weapons since he came into the league in 2010.
Besides Garrett, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was also excited to see Bryant get a new job.
"It's not like you just hand him a playbook and expect him to learn it overnight", Brees said. I think for any new guy coming in, especially a skill player, it's new verbiage. "It seems like a real good opportunity for him and I know it'll help their team".More news: Could Steelers use franchise tag on Le'Veon Bell again?
- Examine: Morning folks much less more likely to develop breast most cancers
- RUMOR: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Icons on PS4 Servers Suggest Imminent Game Awards Announcement
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Resigns at the Request of President Trump
- Senators Players Apologize After They Were Caught Ripping Coach, Team on Video
- Bryce Harper Won't Be Signing With Yankees
- Driver Charged With Killing 2 Children In Park Slope Crosswalk Found Dead
- Harvick takes Texas to clinch championship spot
- French police arrest six suspects in far-right plot against Emmanuel Macron
- Trump hopes to meet N.Korea leader next year but counsels patience
- All Blacks still have faith in Williams ahead of England clash