Despite all that, there doesn't seem to be any animosity between the Cowboys and Bryant.
The Saints have been short of options at wide receiver beyond star Michael Thomas this season.More news: French police arrest six suspects in far-right plot against Emmanuel Macron
Here's how the rest of Twitter responded to the signing. "Right when I got here, he took me under his wing".
Since being selected by the Cowboys 24th overall in the 2010 NFL Draft, Bryant has spent his entire career in Dallas, including three Pro Bowl seasons. I look forward to building a rapport with him.
Bryant, who turned 30 on Sunday, had been on the open market since he was released by Dallas in April, when he was due to receive $12.5 million. At the same time, New Orleans is without deep threat Ted Ginn Jr., who is now on injured reserve and won't be eligible to return until the final few weeks of the season, if he's ready by then.
Although the Saints (7-1) have a seven-game win streak and are the No. 2 scoring team in the National Football League, they are thin on proven receivers.More news: Examine: Morning folks much less more likely to develop breast most cancers
Colin Cowherd explained Wednesday on FS1 why Bryant should send a thank you note to Patriots wide receiver Josh Gordon upon signing with the Saints.
Bryant now enhances what was already a very risky Saints offense, giving them one of the NFL's best red zone weapons since he came into the league in 2010.
Besides Garrett, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was also excited to see Bryant get a new job.
"It's not like you just hand him a playbook and expect him to learn it overnight", Brees said. I think for any new guy coming in, especially a skill player, it's new verbiage. "It seems like a real good opportunity for him and I know it'll help their team".More news: Billboard names Ariana Grande 2018 Woman of the Year
- Rohit Sharma overtakes Virat Kohli; becomes India`s leading run scorer in T20Is
- Northern Districts’ batsmen create world record, smashing 43 runs off an over
- Harvick takes Texas to clinch championship spot
- Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall arrive Abuja
- Trump hopes to meet N.Korea leader next year but counsels patience
- DeSantis pins hopes on GOP turnout Tuesday
- Tragedy at Melbourne Cup as horse The CliffsofMoher put down after injury
- Mysterious object spotted in solar system may have been an alien probe
- Inventor of world wide web wants contract to make the internet safe
- FDA approves opioid painkiller 1,000 times stronger than morphin