India captain Virat Kohli has provoked a social media storm after telling a critic to leave the country for criticising his batting. Finally, it seems he has a backer in Dr. Subramanian Swamy, who feels there is nothing wrong with Kohli's statement as we live in a country where everyone has the right to Freedom of Speech.
The right-handed batsman was responding to mean Tweets by cricket fans.
"I don't think you should live in India, go and live somewhere else", Kohli told him in a video recording.More news: Tragedy at Melbourne Cup as horse The CliffsofMoher put down after injury
While adding that he didn't mind any sort of dislike towards him, the Indian skipper felt that one should get his priorities sorted before posting such comments.
Kohli's approach to the question has not gone well with social media users and the 30-year-old has faced flak from various quarters.
Although no decision has been taken, India captain Kohli has suggested that fast bowlers like Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah and others who are likely to be picked for the quadrennial event be rested from IPL. I loved to watch Sunil Gavaskar bat, but also loved watching (Gordon) Greenidge, (Desmond) Haynes and Viv Richards. "I enjoy watching English and Australian batsmen more than these Indians".More news: Bryce Harper Won't Be Signing With Yankees
Kohli is quite active on Instagram where he can be seen posting video promoting worldwide brands.
The suggestion from the team was that BCCI should compensate the players who miss the cash-rich tournament. If he checks his contract, he may find that he may have violated his contract with this statement. "He is a great player and it's time to try and be a great human being".
Editorial team of CricketCountry.More news: More UV protection: UN says Earth’s ozone layer is healing
- WR Bryant to sign with Saints
- Could Steelers use franchise tag on Le'Veon Bell again?
- Red Star upsets Liverpool in Champions League
- GOP keeps Senate control for 2 more years, triumph for Trump
- Trump faces restraints after Democrats win US House
- Lionel Messi trained by himself a day after Inter 1-1 Barcelona
- New Wave of Faux Elon Musk Accounts Run Bitcoin Scams on Twitter
- Examine: Morning folks much less more likely to develop breast most cancers
- Sri Lanka House Speaker Says Rajapaksa Must Prove Majority
- David Haye Exclusive: How to prepare against a fighter like Usyk