The Federal Communications Commission's 2015 order to impose net neutrality rules and strictly regulate broadband was already reversed by Trump's pick for FCC chairman, Ajit Pai. While neither of the latter Justices cited a reason for dismissing themselves from the appeal, Justice Kavanaugh had been involved in the initial ruling while seated on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals.
In its landmark 2008 District of Columbia v. Heller ruling, the Supreme Court held for the first time that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual's right to bear arms for self-defense in the home. The justices did not add any new cases to their docket for the term - they did that on Friday afternoon - nor did they call for the views of the USA solicitor general in any cases. Regardless, net neutrality supporters were encouraged by the Court's decision. Providers complained that the rules were overly burdensome and a violation of the FCC's congressionally granted powers; consumer advocates said the rules were necessary as a vital consumer protection.More news: Marijuana Legalization Measure Defeated in North Dakota - Hit & Run
Should the Supreme Court refuse his request, Francisco pointed out, the administration would be required to continue accepting DACA applications while waiting on California's ninth circuit to rule on the legality of ending the program.
The legal moves reflected a desire by conservatives and industry players to cement the FCC's repeal of net neutrality rules, which were created to restrict Internet service providers' ability to manipulate loading speeds for specific websites or apps.
The FCC's rescission of the net neutrality rule came after Republicans, led by Chairman Ajit Pai, took control of the agency a year ago. If you watched as the FCC repealed net neutrality using little more than lobbyist fluff and nonsense, it should be fairly obvious to you that wasn't true. After the repeal was finalized earlier this year, the FCC and the Department of Justice asked the Supreme Court to declare the prior decision "moot" and scrap it.More news: Kansas Basketball: Biggest takeaways from win over Michigan State
She added, "Let's call this interesting".
The FCC's repeal of net neutrality is also the subject of separate legal battles, after it was challenged by tech companies and advocacy groups, in addition to more than 20 USA states.More news: Attorney General Jeff Sessions Resigns at the Request of President Trump
- Nadal Cites Health Setback In Ending Season
- Senators Players Apologize After They Were Caught Ripping Coach, Team on Video
- Inventor of world wide web wants contract to make the internet safe
- Real Madrid fullback Dani Carvajal: Lopetegui best coach I've had
- Driver Charged With Killing 2 Children In Park Slope Crosswalk Found Dead
- Rose back on top of the world
- Iran Foreign Minister Takes To YouTube Against "Unlawful" US Sanctions
- FDA approves opioid painkiller 1,000 times stronger than morphin
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Missing Character Bug is Getting Fixed Soon
- Billboard names Ariana Grande 2018 Woman of the Year