If you recall, this is not the first time Ginsburg has broken her ribs.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg is hospitalized after taking a nasty fall that fractured 3 ribs, and the fall comes immediately on the heels of President Trump easing his path to confirming more Supreme Court Justices.
The court says the justice went to George Washington University Hospital in Washington early Thursday after experiencing discomfort overnight. Ginsburg in 2012 fractured two ribs in a fall and remained mum about the incident for several months. According to a statement from the Supreme Court, doctors admitted Ginsburg for further "observation and treatment".
The court says the fall occurred Wednesday evening.More news: New Wave of Faux Elon Musk Accounts Run Bitcoin Scams on Twitter
Ginsburg is the court's oldest member and there's been a great deal of speculation on when she may retire.
Ginsburg has served on the court for 25 years.
Ginsburg was the second woman to be named to the nation's highest court.
In the 2018 midterm elections, Republicans won seats in the U.S. Senate, making future Supreme Court confirmation battles easier.More news: Congress bound, Minnesota's Ilhan Omar enjoys another first
That said, it would probably be healthy for her to resign.
There's precedent for her lengthy service, as Justices Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. and John Paul Stevens were both 90 when they retired.
This is a developing story and will be updated.More news: More UV protection: UN says Earth’s ozone layer is healing
- I'm not that stupid - Charles won't 'meddle' when he is king
- Uganda is vaccinating for fear of Ebola virus spread
- Lionel Messi trained by himself a day after Inter 1-1 Barcelona
- Six people injured in California bar shooting
- David Haye Exclusive: How to prepare against a fighter like Usyk
- Sarfraz criticises Taylor for raising 'objections' to Hafeez's bowling action
- Sri Lanka House Speaker Says Rajapaksa Must Prove Majority
- Lion Air: Plane involved in tarmac accident after 189 killed in tragedy
- Trump faces restraints after Democrats win US House
- Eight feared dead after two buildings collapse in France