If you recall, this is not the first time Ginsburg has broken her ribs.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg is hospitalized after taking a nasty fall that fractured 3 ribs, and the fall comes immediately on the heels of President Trump easing his path to confirming more Supreme Court Justices.
The court says the justice went to George Washington University Hospital in Washington early Thursday after experiencing discomfort overnight. Ginsburg in 2012 fractured two ribs in a fall and remained mum about the incident for several months. According to a statement from the Supreme Court, doctors admitted Ginsburg for further "observation and treatment".
The court says the fall occurred Wednesday evening.More news: Tesla names Robyn Denholm as Chairman to replace Elon Musk
Ginsburg is the court's oldest member and there's been a great deal of speculation on when she may retire.
Ginsburg has served on the court for 25 years.
Ginsburg was the second woman to be named to the nation's highest court.
In the 2018 midterm elections, Republicans won seats in the U.S. Senate, making future Supreme Court confirmation battles easier.More news: Congress bound, Minnesota's Ilhan Omar enjoys another first
That said, it would probably be healthy for her to resign.
There's precedent for her lengthy service, as Justices Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. and John Paul Stevens were both 90 when they retired.
This is a developing story and will be updated.More news: I'm not that stupid - Charles won't 'meddle' when he is king
- Breaking Bad Is Getting a Feature Film
- More UV protection: UN says Earth’s ozone layer is healing
- 3 'Final Fantasy XV' DLC cancelled as director leaves company
- In setback for Trump, Democrats seize US House control
- Trump faces restraints after Democrats win US House
- Lion Air: Plane involved in tarmac accident after 189 killed in tragedy
- New Wave of Faux Elon Musk Accounts Run Bitcoin Scams on Twitter
- Neymar claims referee 'disrespected' him during Napoli draw
- Uganda is vaccinating for fear of Ebola virus spread
- Virat Kohli sparks controversy after he asks fan to 'leave' India