Solari will be desperate for a confident victory in Plzen, without any further injuries to his squad.
Despite this, Carvajal - who worked alongside Lopetegui at both Real and Spain - has lauded the Spaniard as the best in the game, believing his demise was simply down to bad fortune.More news: Attorney General Jeff Sessions Resigns at the Request of President Trump
While it's true that the loss of Cristiano Ronaldo was always going to be hard, especially as the club failed to spend much money in the summer transfer window to replace him, their decline has been far sharper than it should have been. It was a different rotation, not the championship for one and the Cup and the Champions League for the other. The Czechs are not in particularly good form, winning only two games from their last five outings (D1 L2).
Solari knows his team are strong favourites for the game, but will still be keen to field an organised defence, despite another big question mark hanging over his goalkeeper selection. These results have admittedly come against modest opposition, but Viktoria Plzen firmly fall into that category anyway.More news: Nadal Cites Health Setback In Ending Season
In fact, not since Luis Carniglia in 1957 has a Madrid manager started with three straight clean sheets in three straight wins.
- Dead brothel owner Hof wins race for Nevada State Assembly
- All Blacks still have faith in Williams ahead of England clash
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez elected as youngest woman in US Congress
- Supreme Court Throws Out Industry Appeal of Obama-Era Net Neutrality Rules
- Senators Players Apologize After They Were Caught Ripping Coach, Team on Video
- Iran Foreign Minister Takes To YouTube Against "Unlawful" US Sanctions
- N Korea warns of returning to nuclear policy over sanction
- Papa Gino's abruptly closes numerous pizzeria locations
- French police arrest six suspects in far-right plot against Emmanuel Macron
- Northern Districts’ batsmen create world record, smashing 43 runs off an over