New Zealand batting pair of Joe Carter and Brett Hampton smashed world record 43 runs off one over during a domestic one-day cricket match while playing for Northern Districts against Central Districts in Hamilton on Wednesday.
World Record Alert! Six sixes in an over are something that does not happen every day and to top that get 43 runs in an over is unheard off.
The pair hit 4, 6 from a no ball, 6 from a no ball, 6, 1, 6, 6 and 6 from the bowling of Central's South Africa-born medium fast bowler Willem Ludick.More news: Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall arrive Abuja
"It was right at the end and I suppose it was a "see ball, hit ball" scenario", said Hampton.
Hampton smashed three sixes of which two came of no balls while the last three sixes were smashed by Carter.
This broke the record for the most runs conceded in an over in the history of List A cricket.The previous record was held by Zimbabwe national Elton Chigumbura who had smoked Alauddin Babu, a Bangladesh first-class cricketer, for 39 runs in an over during a Dhaka Premier League match in 2013. We got a few no balls to help us get going. Ludick followed it with a slower ball, which Hampton also managed to send past the ropes.More news: N Korea warns of returning to nuclear policy over sanction
Poor Ludick's figures went from a respectable 1/42 from nine overs to a messy 1/85 from 10.
They joined hands in the middle when their side was reeling at 95 for 5 The duo went on to add 178 runs for the sixth wicket.
Before this, the record was with Zimbabwe global Elton Chigumbura, who had scored 39 runs off Alauddin Babu while playing for Sheikh Jamal against Abahani Limited at Dhaka in the 2013-14 season.More news: Inventor of world wide web wants contract to make the internet safe
- DeSantis pins hopes on GOP turnout Tuesday
- Billboard names Ariana Grande 2018 Woman of the Year
- Rohit Sharma overtakes Virat Kohli; becomes India`s leading run scorer in T20Is
- Papa Gino's abruptly closes numerous pizzeria locations
- FDA approves opioid painkiller 1,000 times stronger than morphin
- Georgia High School Marching Band Spells Out Racial Slur During Halftime Show
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Missing Character Bug is Getting Fixed Soon
- Iran Foreign Minister Takes To YouTube Against "Unlawful" US Sanctions
- Senators Players Apologize After They Were Caught Ripping Coach, Team on Video
- Midterm election 2018: Donald Trump SHUTS DOWN CNN reporter in fiery confrontation