Nintendo came out swiftly and firmly against the caricature, apologising for its inclusion and promising to remove the silhouette from the character's attacking abilities. "Ultimate" an experience that is both welcoming and fun for everyone", the company continued.
Ultimate is the latest all-in Nintendo biffo game in the long-running series and is set to be released for the Switch next month. Ultimate, and the aforementioned character is Mr.
Ultimate director Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed that the five yet-to-be-revealed DLC characters for his anticipated fighting game have already been chosen.More news: Prince Charles, Princess Camilla arrive Nigeria
"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's DLC line-up is now complete".
The original game is of course reflective of a different time when racist depictions of "American Indians" were considered socially acceptable in mainstream arenas.
Unfortunately, imagery of the Native American character from Fire Attack found its way into Super Smash Bros. Nintendo has told Eurogamer that it will issue an update which will remove the feather from the silhouette of Mr.More news: New Wave of Faux Elon Musk Accounts Run Bitcoin Scams on Twitter
Some were quick to say that Nintendo "shouldn't have caved" but it is important to note that they felt this change was deserving back when it first re-released on the Game Boy. In response to Nintendo's statement, one Twitter user said, "Oh my God". Game & Watch in Fire Attack when it re-released it on Game Boy as part of 2002's Game & Watch Gallery 4.
The company did not immediately respond to a request for clarification on why it had made a decision to add the caricature to Smash Bros.
Nintendo seems to have caused quite the controversy with last week's Direct presentation, as new footage of Super Smash Bros.More news: Trump faces restraints after Democrats win US House
- Tesla names Robyn Denholm as Chairman to replace Elon Musk
- Lionel Messi trained by himself a day after Inter 1-1 Barcelona
- Facebook Messenger Unsend Message Feature Will Come With 10-Minute Limit
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized after fracturing 3 ribs in fall
- Porsche 911 Is Completing Final R&D And Testing Phases
- Neymar claims referee 'disrespected' him during Napoli draw
- Take-Two is being evasive about Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC
- Six people injured in California bar shooting
- Uganda is vaccinating for fear of Ebola virus spread
- More UV protection: UN says Earth’s ozone layer is healing