Nintendo came out swiftly and firmly against the caricature, apologising for its inclusion and promising to remove the silhouette from the character's attacking abilities. "Ultimate" an experience that is both welcoming and fun for everyone", the company continued.
Ultimate is the latest all-in Nintendo biffo game in the long-running series and is set to be released for the Switch next month. Ultimate, and the aforementioned character is Mr.
Ultimate director Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed that the five yet-to-be-revealed DLC characters for his anticipated fighting game have already been chosen.More news: Sarfraz criticises Taylor for raising 'objections' to Hafeez's bowling action
"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's DLC line-up is now complete".
The original game is of course reflective of a different time when racist depictions of "American Indians" were considered socially acceptable in mainstream arenas.
Unfortunately, imagery of the Native American character from Fire Attack found its way into Super Smash Bros. Nintendo has told Eurogamer that it will issue an update which will remove the feather from the silhouette of Mr.More news: Wayne Rooney farewell ticket sales will not go to player's foundation
Some were quick to say that Nintendo "shouldn't have caved" but it is important to note that they felt this change was deserving back when it first re-released on the Game Boy. In response to Nintendo's statement, one Twitter user said, "Oh my God". Game & Watch in Fire Attack when it re-released it on Game Boy as part of 2002's Game & Watch Gallery 4.
The company did not immediately respond to a request for clarification on why it had made a decision to add the caricature to Smash Bros.
Nintendo seems to have caused quite the controversy with last week's Direct presentation, as new footage of Super Smash Bros.More news: Telecom IoT Market 2018-2023 with Strategic Trends Growth, Revenue
- Neymar claims referee 'disrespected' him during Napoli draw
- Pipe bomb suspect held without bail after first court appearance
- More UV protection: UN says Earth’s ozone layer is healing
- USA midterm elections broke barriers of race and gender
- Uganda is vaccinating for fear of Ebola virus spread
- New Wave of Faux Elon Musk Accounts Run Bitcoin Scams on Twitter
- Trump Argues With CNN’s Acosta at Heated News Conference
- Six people injured in California bar shooting
- Facebook Messenger Unsend Message Feature Will Come With 10-Minute Limit
- Eight feared dead after two buildings collapse in France