Emile Ratelband, a 69-year-old motivational speaker from the Netherlands, has petitioned a court for permission to change his legal age - by altering his birth certificate to show he was born 20 years later than he really was.
A local court in the eastern city of Arnhem is expected to rule on the case within four weeks.
In an unprecedented case in the Netherlands, Ratelband told a tribunal that he wants to shift his birth date two decades later to March 11, 1969. "Why can't I decide my own age?" he said.
He told the Dutch newspaper that his view is supported by medical and physiological reports, saying: "My biological age in the medical world is determined to be at 40 to 45 years".
"When I'm 69, I am limited", he said, according to The Guardian. The man also said he could have a new shot at life, that would allow him to buy a new house or get a new job. In Australia, for example, many older people struggle to find work once they reach their 50s and 60s, despite the fact that it is illegal for companies to specifically discriminate against candidates due to their age. "If I put my age on Tinder, women say "you're much too old", he told Euronews. When I'm 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position.
He argues if transgender people are legally allowed to change their sex then he should be allowed to change his age.Читайте также: Sarfraz criticises Taylor for raising 'objections' to Hafeez's bowling action
Ratelband, who converted to Buddhism earlier this year, told the Telegraaf that he is not suffering from the Peter Pan syndrome and has been checked out by a doctor to make sure he will 'be able to deal with this major step'.
He said employers are reluctant to hire someone as old as a pensioner as a consultant.
The pensioner also said he would renounce his pension if he switched his birth date.
"Maybe they say, 'You have weak muscles for 49 years, '" Ratelband muses.
Naturally, the court is sceptical of the matter because no legal mechanism now exists allowing a person to change their birthdate. Who was that little boy back then?' the judge asked.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- SA journalist Angela Quintal detained in Tanzania
- USA midterm elections broke barriers of race and gender
- Uganda is vaccinating for fear of Ebola virus spread
- Eight feared dead after two buildings collapse in France
- Telecom IoT Market 2018-2023 with Strategic Trends Growth, Revenue
- Wayne Rooney farewell ticket sales will not go to player's foundation
- The 2018 Midterm Races You Should Pay Attention To
- NT police find child's body after three found dead near vehicle
- Lion Air: Plane involved in tarmac accident after 189 killed in tragedy
- Neymar claims referee 'disrespected' him during Napoli draw