Of the emotional moment, Charles' wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, adds: "I think that was very touching, sitting where I was, you couldn't hear what he said". I'm not that stupid, I do realise that it is a separate exercise being sovereign. In the BBC documentary, he said that he will operate within "constitutional parameters" when he becomes monarch, which is a "completely different" role to being the Prince of Wales, as the heir in Britain is known. "So of course I understand entirely how that should operate", he said.
Prince William tells the programme that his father is "brilliant" with his three grandchildren, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis who all feature in an official photo placed prominently behind Charles during one of his interviews in the show.
Asked whether his public campaigning will go on, the royal replied: "No, it won't. But we need him there as much as possible".More news: In setback for Trump, Democrats seize US House control
But he defended his activism as heir to the throne, which includes founding the Prince's Trust charity in 1976 to support vulnerable young people. Charles has reportedly written to ministers - and even the prime minister - on subjects close to his heart, stoking concern for those who believe the royals should not get involved in such debates and worry that, once king, he may not remain above politics in the way that Queen Elizabeth has.
"You don't say. But I always wonder what meddling is, I mean I always thought it was motivating".
"I would like him to have more time with the children", William says of his father.More news: Breaking Bad Is Getting a Feature Film
In BBC One's documentary called Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70, Prince Harry praised his father Prince Charles for stepping in and walking Meghan Markle down the aisle on their wedding day in a last-minute casting switch.
"So, there's nothing laid down, that's what makes it so interesting, challenging and of course complicated".
The Prince of Wales has been championing environmental and social issues for many years and the Duchess of Cornwall said he was "pretty impatient" to get things done. "But afterwards watching it on the television, I think it was a very...it was a lovely gesture", she says.More news: Red Star upsets Liverpool in Champions League
She added: "He would like to save the world".
- Sarfraz criticises Taylor for raising 'objections' to Hafeez's bowling action
- Sri Lanka House Speaker Says Rajapaksa Must Prove Majority
- Eight feared dead after two buildings collapse in France
- Democrats projected to win control of U.S. House
- Lionel Messi trained by himself a day after Inter 1-1 Barcelona
- Telecom IoT Market 2018-2023 with Strategic Trends Growth, Revenue
- Neymar claims referee 'disrespected' him during Napoli draw
- David Haye Exclusive: How to prepare against a fighter like Usyk
- New Wave of Faux Elon Musk Accounts Run Bitcoin Scams on Twitter
- Thugs of Hindostan movie tweet review