In addition to Gilligan, the source shared that executive producer's Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein (who worked on Breaking Bad and its prequel TV series Better Call Saul) will be working on the forthcoming film as well.
The Journal also reports the title as "Greenbriar", although whether that's the final title has not been confirmed. It's also not yet clear if the original cast is back - though it's hard to imagine any Breaking Bad film without series stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, both of whom have repeatedly said in interviews they'd be down for returning to the franchise (presumably on spin-off Better Call Saul).
If the news is indeed to be trusted, it leads us to wonder what sort of form a Breaking Bad movie would take.More news: Iran Foreign Minister Takes To YouTube Against "Unlawful" US Sanctions
Now to celebrate with a special Los Pollos Hermanos dinner.
If you watched this interview in July, you probably thought Cranston was just trolling, but now it seems like he was dropping a hint that more story was coming.
There's a Breaking Bad movie on the way, sources have told The Hollywood Reporter, and it's set to be a two-hour meth-fest set within the OG universe.More news: Supreme Court Throws Out Industry Appeal of Obama-Era Net Neutrality Rules
The Breaking Bad movie will reportedly begin shooting later this month in New Mexico, so if that's the case, you can expect an official announcement to come down soon. It is unclear whether cast members from the original series, led by Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, would return for the film, but I hear the hope is that deals will close for actors to reprise their roles.
The Breaking Bad movie is rumored to begin filming sometime before the end of 2018. The show has been renewed for its fifth season and is all set to go on air in 2019. "I have not gotten the script, I have not read the script", Cranston admitted.
Breaking Bad was a critical breakout and ran for a successful five season.More news: All Blacks still have faith in Williams ahead of England clash
Both critics say there is plenty still to mine in the Breaking Bad storyline, and that Gilligan has proven his ability to make quality work.
- Mysterious object spotted in solar system may have been an alien probe
- Northern Districts’ batsmen create world record, smashing 43 runs off an over
- WR Bryant to sign with Saints
- Tragedy at Melbourne Cup as horse The CliffsofMoher put down after injury
- Driver Charged With Killing 2 Children In Park Slope Crosswalk Found Dead
- French police arrest six suspects in far-right plot against Emmanuel Macron
- Virgin Australia reconsiders veteran salutes following backlash
- Billboard names Ariana Grande 2018 Woman of the Year
- FDA approves opioid painkiller 1,000 times stronger than morphin
- Rohit Sharma overtakes Virat Kohli; becomes India`s leading run scorer in T20Is