The battle royale game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has received a number of indicators that the now Xbox and PC exclusive title may be headed to the PS4 soon.
PUBG requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription ($9.99/month or $59.99/year) to play because it's a multiplayer shooter while PES 2019 can be downloaded for free but will need a subscription if you want to play with friends online.
On Monday, members of video gaming forum ResetEra unearthed a post from October in a separate PlayStation forum called PSNProfiles, wherein a user claimed that PUBG was in their PS4's game database.More news: Marijuana Legalization Measure Defeated in North Dakota - Hit & Run
In another development, Niko Partners analyst Daniel Ahmad, whom is usually privy to unannounced information, reported through ResetEra that a PlayStation 4 version of PUBG will be out next month, and that it will be an "out now" release revealed at The Game Awards 2018 on December 6. Typically games are not assigned these codes until release is imminent.
It's been so long since Microsoft hosted a proper fan event it's hard to say what they'll actually announce but the tweet below promises "big news" for PUBG, as well as The Forge expansion for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider and new State Of Decay 2 updates.
That's not the only reason PUBG is in the news today though, as Microsoft has been tweeting about their X018 event at the weekend.More news: EPL: Chelsea identify Premier League star to replace Morata, Giroud
I still prefer PUBG's gameplay to Fortnite's, especially in solo.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - coming soon to PS4? PUBG's PC player numbers have dropped quite a bit, with most players now seemingly Chinese mobile ones.More news: Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall arrive Abuja
- Michigan Voters Legalize Marijuana
- Harvick takes Texas to clinch championship spot
- Spice Girls reunite, minus Victoria Beckham, Lifestyle News & Top Stories
- N Korea warns of returning to nuclear policy over sanction
- Midterm election 2018: Donald Trump SHUTS DOWN CNN reporter in fiery confrontation
- Ron DeSantis narrowly wins Florida's governor race
- Rio Ferdinand sends message to Man United about Marcus Rashford
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez elected as youngest woman in US Congress
- Jets' Darnold shoulders blame, played 'stupid football'
- French police arrest six suspects in far-right plot against Emmanuel Macron