While the match was setup by Rohit Sharma, who produced yet another scintillating ton to help India amass 195/2, the bowlers did their bit as well restricting the Windies to 124/9.
He is now the second highest scorer in the world behind New Zealand's Martin Guptill, on 2,271 runs. You don't have to make too many changes to your game because you already have shared the dressing room with worldwide players, he said."When you come into the Indian team, by then you had already learned professionalism and know how to correct your mistakes".More news: Dead brothel owner Hof wins race for Nevada State Assembly
The openers will be keen to get some runs under their belt in this format as Darwan especially has been struggling in T20s of late so there is pressure on the top order to get them off to a better start in this game whether they set a total or chase. We wanted to get used to the pitch, hence we took our time.
It was not a very fluent innings by Shikhar Dhawan, but Rohit said that it was important for the duo to stick around and form a partnership.More news: FDA approves opioid painkiller 1,000 times stronger than morphin
The big-hitting Sharma put on 123 runs with opening partner Shikhar Dhawan, who made 43, to pummel the West Indian bowling after paceman Oshane Thomas started with a maiden over. The Indian spearhead might well breach the 50-wicket landmark in the next game, and in the process, is expected to become the fastest Indian to get there, overtaking the 42 games taken by spinner Ravichandran Ashwin.
After the dominant batting display, the bowlers put in an efficient display and never allowed the visitors to get going and this drew praise from the skipper. Left-arm pacer Khaleel Ahmed struck in his first and third overs to remove two risky batsmen, Shai Hope and Shimron Hetmyer, cheaply and retard the run rate. "Khaleel is a different bowler with the new ball as it gives him more confidence. It's only helping the team when someone like Khaleel bowls in such a manner and takes wickets up front", he said.More news: Marijuana Legalization Measure Defeated in North Dakota - Hit & Run
- DeSantis pins hopes on GOP turnout Tuesday
- Spice Girls reunite, minus Victoria Beckham, Lifestyle News & Top Stories
- Rose back on top of the world
- Ron DeSantis narrowly wins Florida's governor race
- Iran Foreign Minister Takes To YouTube Against "Unlawful" US Sanctions
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez elected as youngest woman in US Congress
- Georgia High School Marching Band Spells Out Racial Slur During Halftime Show
- Driver Charged With Killing 2 Children In Park Slope Crosswalk Found Dead
- Harvick takes Texas to clinch championship spot
- Kansas Basketball: Biggest takeaways from win over Michigan State