After being left on the bench against Everton last month, he wasn't included in the squad at the weekend to face Bournemouth, with Mourinho confirming before the game that the Belgian global had picked up an injury problem.
We'll have to wait and see how the players progress over the next 48 hours but it will be a huge boost to United if Costa, Matuidi, Mandzukic, Chiellini or Bernardeschi miss the game on Wednesday night. "It was something in training. We don't know, a muscle problem, and we have to wait a little bit".More news: Almost 1.5M felons in Florida have regained the right to vote
"I love the song "attack, attack, attack", but when you lose the ball you have to have stability, and we did not have it against a good team".
"So when the team is really defensive and you have a more defensive mind then you base the work on that then the team doesn't develop enough in other areas but the team managed to get results based on that".
Buoyed by what Mourinho called "calm" words at the interval, United was a transformed team in the second period and several times went close to scoring.More news: Michigan Voters Legalize Marijuana
Mourinho was infuriated with a sloppy first half, saying: "It was the whole first half".
"We have a big week ahead [against Juventus and Manchester City] and we need to start the games right". In spite of the fact we won at Burnley and Watford away, I think the Chelsea performance was a very strong performance away from home. While the match will be a tricky one for the visitors, Jose Mourinho will be buoyed after receiving some good news on the injury front. The bone of contention remains the focal point of the Manchester United attack, a responsibility which should be bestowed on Marcus Rashford once again, with Romelu Lukaku struggling to perform at his best. "Rashford similarly impressed from the bench, and Mourinho added: "(At half-time) I said it is impossible to play worse than we did, so the second half will be better for sure.More news: Google working on update to fix Pixel 3 memory management issues
"Juve have shown they don't concede many goals and hopefully we can get on the front foot".
- Single mother of 3 claims half of $700M Powerball jackpot
- Carolina Panthers' fake/reverse TD is a thing of beauty
- Lord Adonis and others criticise BBC for Arron Banks appearance
- Republican Marsha Blackburn Wins Tennessee Senate Seat
- 'I Don't Care' if House Democrats Release My Tax Returns
- Jets' Darnold shoulders blame, played 'stupid football'
- A Breaking Bad movie could come from creator Vince Gilligan
- Meghan Markle wore a see-through skirt: see photos
- Arsene Wenger emphatically denies he is taking over at AC Milan
- England star George Burgess charged over gouging allegation