After being left on the bench against Everton last month, he wasn't included in the squad at the weekend to face Bournemouth, with Mourinho confirming before the game that the Belgian global had picked up an injury problem.
We'll have to wait and see how the players progress over the next 48 hours but it will be a huge boost to United if Costa, Matuidi, Mandzukic, Chiellini or Bernardeschi miss the game on Wednesday night. "It was something in training. We don't know, a muscle problem, and we have to wait a little bit".More news: Jets' Darnold shoulders blame, played 'stupid football'
"I love the song "attack, attack, attack", but when you lose the ball you have to have stability, and we did not have it against a good team".
"So when the team is really defensive and you have a more defensive mind then you base the work on that then the team doesn't develop enough in other areas but the team managed to get results based on that".
Buoyed by what Mourinho called "calm" words at the interval, United was a transformed team in the second period and several times went close to scoring.More news: Healthcare prevention plan worthy, but funding an issue
Mourinho was infuriated with a sloppy first half, saying: "It was the whole first half".
"We have a big week ahead [against Juventus and Manchester City] and we need to start the games right". In spite of the fact we won at Burnley and Watford away, I think the Chelsea performance was a very strong performance away from home. While the match will be a tricky one for the visitors, Jose Mourinho will be buoyed after receiving some good news on the injury front. The bone of contention remains the focal point of the Manchester United attack, a responsibility which should be bestowed on Marcus Rashford once again, with Romelu Lukaku struggling to perform at his best. "Rashford similarly impressed from the bench, and Mourinho added: "(At half-time) I said it is impossible to play worse than we did, so the second half will be better for sure.More news: Georgia High School Marching Band Spells Out Racial Slur During Halftime Show
"Juve have shown they don't concede many goals and hopefully we can get on the front foot".
- England star George Burgess charged over gouging allegation
- Lord Adonis and others criticise BBC for Arron Banks appearance
- 'I Don't Care' if House Democrats Release My Tax Returns
- Republican Marsha Blackburn Wins Tennessee Senate Seat
- Rashida Tlaib is first Muslim woman elected to U.S. Congress
- Ron DeSantis narrowly wins Florida's governor race
- Meghan Markle wore a see-through skirt: see photos
- Spice Girls reunite, minus Victoria Beckham, Lifestyle News & Top Stories
- Arsene Wenger emphatically denies he is taking over at AC Milan
- Chris Watts: Dad admits to killing family to avoid death penalty