The Prince of Wales and his wife, Princess Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall are expected in Nigeria from November 6 to November 8 in a high profile visit during which the royals would also have audience with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa.
Prince Charles recounted how he was welcomed to the Manhyia Palace in 1977 with a colourful durbar, saying he was always eager to return to Manhyia.
On Monday night, Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo held a state dinner to celebrate the British royals' visit.
"The decision to exit the European Union", the President noted, "has justifiably generated anxieties across the globe". "Nevertheless, I assure Your Highness that in Ghana, Britain has a firm friend", the President said.More news: Dead brothel owner Hof wins race for Nevada State Assembly
The Commonwealth has 53 member states who are all former colonists of Britain.
The prince's visit to Lagos is in continuation of his three-day business and cultural tour of Nigeria and also to mark the 75th Anniversary of the British Council in Nigeria.
The Prince of Wales was handed a calabash instrument, and while nervous at first, soon found his rhythm.More news: Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles dance in Ghana
Ghana and the United Kingdom, he said, now enjoyed dynamic partnership and "we share the same language, the same legal system, same values and a strong trading relationship", adding that, the United Kingdom had, over the years, impacted positively on Ghana's economy.
"So every time there is pressure for housing, the government takes over farmlands".
Britain's Prince Charles is condemning the slave trade during a stop in Ghana, saying that the atrocity has left an indelible stain on the world's history.
The Prince registered his deep gratitude for what he described as an excellent and memorable trip he and his wife have had in Ghana the last five days.More news: Chris Watts: Dad admits to killing family to avoid death penalty
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 could soon be available in white
- N Korea warns of returning to nuclear policy over sanction
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Missing Character Bug is Getting Fixed Soon
- Spice Girls reunite, minus Victoria Beckham, Lifestyle News & Top Stories
- Parineeti Chopra wants $5 mn shoe-hiding fee from Nick Jonas
- Georgia High School Marching Band Spells Out Racial Slur During Halftime Show
- Ron DeSantis narrowly wins Florida's governor race
- Kansas Basketball: Biggest takeaways from win over Michigan State
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez elected as youngest woman in US Congress
- A Breaking Bad movie could come from creator Vince Gilligan