The Prince of Wales and his wife, Princess Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall are expected in Nigeria from November 6 to November 8 in a high profile visit during which the royals would also have audience with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa.
Prince Charles recounted how he was welcomed to the Manhyia Palace in 1977 with a colourful durbar, saying he was always eager to return to Manhyia.
On Monday night, Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo held a state dinner to celebrate the British royals' visit.
"The decision to exit the European Union", the President noted, "has justifiably generated anxieties across the globe". "Nevertheless, I assure Your Highness that in Ghana, Britain has a firm friend", the President said.
The Commonwealth has 53 member states who are all former colonists of Britain.
The prince's visit to Lagos is in continuation of his three-day business and cultural tour of Nigeria and also to mark the 75th Anniversary of the British Council in Nigeria.Читайте также: A Breaking Bad movie could come from creator Vince Gilligan
The Prince of Wales was handed a calabash instrument, and while nervous at first, soon found his rhythm.
Ghana and the United Kingdom, he said, now enjoyed dynamic partnership and "we share the same language, the same legal system, same values and a strong trading relationship", adding that, the United Kingdom had, over the years, impacted positively on Ghana's economy.
"So every time there is pressure for housing, the government takes over farmlands".
Britain's Prince Charles is condemning the slave trade during a stop in Ghana, saying that the atrocity has left an indelible stain on the world's history.
The Prince registered his deep gratitude for what he described as an excellent and memorable trip he and his wife have had in Ghana the last five days.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Kansas Basketball: Biggest takeaways from win over Michigan State
- Parineeti Chopra wants $5 mn shoe-hiding fee from Nick Jonas
- French police arrest six suspects in far-right plot against Emmanuel Macron
- DeSantis pins hopes on GOP turnout Tuesday
- Marijuana Legalization Measure Defeated in North Dakota - Hit & Run
- Inventor of world wide web wants contract to make the internet safe
- Midterm election 2018: Donald Trump SHUTS DOWN CNN reporter in fiery confrontation
- Nadal Cites Health Setback In Ending Season
- Georgia High School Marching Band Spells Out Racial Slur During Halftime Show
- N Korea warns of returning to nuclear policy over sanction