'When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you are the enemy of the people, ' he told him.
The shocking exchange came as Acosta was asking the president about the migrant caravan.
Acosta asked a question about the migrant caravan traveling to the United States and repeatedly challenged the president as he attempted to answer.
"Here we go", Trump complained.More news: Sainsbury deflection gives Spurs Champions League lifeline
"It was not an invasion", Acosta explained.
"Because I consider it an invasion", Trump replied.
"I think you should let me run the country, you run CNN, and if you did it well your ratings would be much better" Trump said., taking a jab at the network's ratings. "It was true. Do you think they were actors?"
That didn't stop Acosta from talking but Trump moved on, calling on NBC's Peter Alexander.
But as Acosta pressed on and Alexander stood there, Trump turned back to the CNN reporter.More news: Michigan Voters Legalize Marijuana
Though Trump tried to shut down Acosta's attempts at a follow-up - "That's enough", he said repeatedly, walking away from the microphone several times - Acosta did get in a second question about potential upcoming indictments in the Russian Federation investigation. 'That's enough. That's enough'.
"I had one other question if I may ask on the Russian Federation investigation", Acosta pleaded.
"That's enough. Put down the mic". The way you treat Sarah Huckabee is frightful, and the way you treat other people is terrible.
"There are some people who say the Republican Party is seen as supporting white nationalists because of your rhetoric", Alcindor said.
He and Mrs. Sanders, the White House press secretary, often clash with Mr. Acosta.More news: Spice Girls reunite, minus Victoria Beckham, Lifestyle News & Top Stories
- Georgia High School Marching Band Spells Out Racial Slur During Halftime Show
- Rio Ferdinand sends message to Man United about Marcus Rashford
- Ron DeSantis narrowly wins Florida's governor race
- Healthcare prevention plan worthy, but funding an issue
- Rose back on top of the world
- N Korea warns of returning to nuclear policy over sanction
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez elected as youngest woman in US Congress
- Chris Watts: Dad admits to killing family to avoid death penalty
- 'I Don't Care' if House Democrats Release My Tax Returns
- Nokia 9 leaks out boasting five rear cameras