Opponents say legalizing marijuana would lead to increased use by children, drug abuse and vehicle crashes.
Three U.S. states are on track to loosen laws governing the use of recreational and medicinal marijuana as the world's largest economy continues to increasingly liberalize cannabis usage. Cowabunga! With 55 percent of precincts reporting as of 11:40 p.m., 57.7 percent of voters had voted "yes" on Proposition 1, according to the New York Times.
MI became the first Midwestern state to legalize recreational marijuana, and the 10th state overall to do so, with both CNN and NBC reporting that the state had passed Proposal 1. North Carolina and Arkansas voted to join 17 other states in requiring voters to show photo ID.More news: Spice Girls reunite, minus Victoria Beckham, Lifestyle News & Top Stories
MI became the first state to legalize recreational marijuana. Within a residence, adults will be permitted to grow up to twelve marijuana plants and/or possess up to ten ounces of marijuana.
The measure passed by a 56-44 percent margin.
In Alabama, an amendment to the state's constitution will formally "recognize and support the sanctity of unborn life and rights of children, including the right to life" The Republican-backed Amendment 2 does not specifically outlaw or restrict abortion in Alabama.More news: Google working on update to fix Pixel 3 memory management issues
"We want to make sure that at a state level, if Roe vs Wade is overturned, that the Alabama Constitution can not be used as a mechanism by which to claim that there is a right to abortion", Fridy told Fox News in an August interview.
Meanwhile, a similar measure in North Dakota is poised for defeat.
Permit retail sales of marijuana and edibles subject to a 10% tax, dedicated to implementation costs, clinical trials, schools, roads, and municipalities where marijuana businesses are located.More news: N Korea warns of returning to nuclear policy over sanction
- Single mother of 3 claims half of $700M Powerball jackpot
- Meghan Markle wore a see-through skirt: see photos
- 'I Don't Care' if House Democrats Release My Tax Returns
- Five Keys to Victory: Chicago Bears vs Buffalo Bills
- Healthcare prevention plan worthy, but funding an issue
- Rio Ferdinand sends message to Man United about Marcus Rashford
- Carolina Panthers' fake/reverse TD is a thing of beauty
- Almost 1.5M felons in Florida have regained the right to vote
- Chris Watts: Dad admits to killing family to avoid death penalty
- Nokia 9 leaks out boasting five rear cameras