Darnold was brutally honest about his play in the Jets' 13-6 loss.
Is Jones just simply exhausted of football, or does he not want to play for Gase and the Dolphins? With a night to reflect and review his performance, Darnold was quite critical of his play in the contest stating that he was flat out "playing stupid", according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
"I'm trying to be as consistent as possible, but I didn't play well today, plain and simple". I just got to be better. "I know that, the coaches know that, everybody knows that".More news: Republican Marsha Blackburn Wins Tennessee Senate Seat
Still, Anderson is an attractive trade chip, but the Jets chose to hang on to him. They didn't run a single play in the red zone.
Surprisingly, though, the Dolphins did it without starting free safety Reshad Jones, who left the game in the first quarter after playing 10 defensive snaps and did not return to the field. This is all part of being a rookie, but Darnold showed maturity by shouldering the blame for this loss.
As for the inconsistent snaps, he said: "It disrupts timing, but there's no excuse for how I played out there". "Yeah, I definitely feel like I forced some things (Sunday), but at the same time, I feel like there were some throws where I was second-guessing myself and I could've pulled the trigger".
"Looking back on the tape, and this is the frustrating part for me, is our O-line blocked really well", he added.More news: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 could soon be available in white
"I'm just honestly happy we won".
"I think it's just me at some moments in the game getting in my own head", Darnold said. I feel like we're stuck, that we're limited.
Darnold stayed in to take more rookie lumps for the Jets (3-6). His passer rating is 43.3 during this three-game losing streak.
Interceptions aren't a new problem Darnold came into the game tied for the National Football League lead with 10.More news: Healthcare prevention plan worthy, but funding an issue
Coach Todd Bowles said he's not thinking about replacing Darnold with veteran Josh McCown.
- Arsene Wenger emphatically denies he is taking over at AC Milan
- Carolina Panthers' fake/reverse TD is a thing of beauty
- Almost 1.5M felons in Florida have regained the right to vote
- Aric Almirola must win at Phoenix to advance — NASCAR Cup Series
- England star George Burgess charged over gouging allegation
- Larry Drew struggling to find right combination for Cavs
- A Breaking Bad movie could come from creator Vince Gilligan
- Rashida Tlaib is first Muslim woman elected to U.S. Congress
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles dance in Ghana
- Indonesia jet had damaged airspeed indicator on last four flights, says official