Authorities say a woman who lost control of her vehicle and fatally struck two toddlers in a Brooklyn crosswalk has died of an apparent suicide.
An NYPD spokesperson confirmed to ET that police were called to Bruns' Staten Island home for a wellness check after a friend said she hadn't heard from her.
Local media reports said Burns was found Wednesday near bottles of prescription pills and what may be a suicide note, however, police would not confirm those details.
When the crash occurred in March, Bruns had allegedly been driving her auto westbound on 9th street when she allegedly ran a red light and struck a group of pedestrians, including Miles, Lew, and their children.More news: Red Dead Redemption 2 Missing Character Bug is Getting Fixed Soon
The charges included manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, reckless endangerment, assault and reckless driving.
A driver who faced 15 years in jail for killing two young children and an unborn baby has taken her own life, police say.
Prosecutors say doctors had told Bruns not to drive after she had a previous medical episode while behind the wheel.
Bruns was freed on $75,000 bond in September. Abigail died and her mother, who was 39 weeks pregnant at the time, was injured.More news: Papa Gino's abruptly closes numerous pizzeria locations
The killer also told cops afterwards that she had been suffering from the effects of multiple sclerosis.
Miles is best known for her Tony Award-winning performance as Lady Thiang in the revival of Rodgers and Hammerstein's The King and I.
Additionally in the past two years she accrued four speed violations and four red light violations.More news: EPL: Chelsea identify Premier League star to replace Morata, Giroud
- Dead brothel owner Hof wins race for Nevada State Assembly
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez elected as youngest woman in US Congress
- Michigan Voters Legalize Marijuana
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Resigns at the Request of President Trump
- Billboard names Ariana Grande 2018 Woman of the Year
- Meghan Markle wore a see-through skirt: see photos
- Midterm election 2018: Donald Trump SHUTS DOWN CNN reporter in fiery confrontation
- Jets' Darnold shoulders blame, played 'stupid football'
- Ron DeSantis narrowly wins Florida's governor race
- Marijuana Legalization Measure Defeated in North Dakota - Hit & Run