Freakish though it may seem, Dennis Hof - who, as it happens, is also the owner of one of Nevada's most famous brothels - still won enough votes to be elected to the state legislature despite having been found dead on October 16.
Interested in Midterm Elections?
Hof beat his opponent Democrat Lesia Romanov and took Nevada's 36th Assembly District posthumously. County officials said they would appoint a replacement candidate from the same party for his seat.
Hof, 72, was found dead at the Love Ranch, one of his legal brothels in Crystal, Nevada, on 16 October after celebrating his birthday with a party attended by porn star Ron Jeremy and other guests.More news: EPL: Chelsea identify Premier League star to replace Morata, Giroud
Dennis Hof owner of the "Moonlite Bunny Ranch" attends Exxotica Day 1 at New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center on November 13, 2015 in Edison, N.J.
About 20 brothels operate in Nevada in mostly rural areas.
In happier times, Hof had starred in a HBO reality show called "Cathouse".
Bob Zmuda, founder of Comic Relief USA told mourners at his funeral that "Dennis lived himself to death" and recalled how Hof told him "I need a relationship because I need someone to cheat on".More news: Chris Watts: Dad admits to killing family to avoid death penalty
"They will feel much more comfortable casting the ballot for him, knowing there will be another Republican to replace him", he said shortly after the pimp's passing.
Hof ran on a platform based on deeply conservative ideals, including expansion of gun rights and a hard-line policy on immigration.
In a June interview with Reuters at Moonlite BunnyRanch, his brothel near his home in Pahrump, Nevada, Hof said his political fortunes had parallels with those of U.S. President Donald Trump.
Hof died in the same Love Ranch suite where Lamar Odom, the former National Basketball Association player and ex-husband of Khloe Kardashian, overdosed in October 2015, the New Yorker report said. They're banned in counties that contain Las Vegas and Reno, and the state does not publicize how many are open.More news: Five Keys to Victory: Chicago Bears vs Buffalo Bills
The seat Hof won, the 36th Assembly District seat, has always been a Republican-held seat.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez elected as youngest woman in US Congress
- Jets' Darnold shoulders blame, played 'stupid football'
- Michigan Voters Legalize Marijuana
- N Korea warns of returning to nuclear policy over sanction
- Kansas Basketball: Biggest takeaways from win over Michigan State
- Midterm election 2018: Donald Trump SHUTS DOWN CNN reporter in fiery confrontation
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles dance in Ghana
- Ron DeSantis narrowly wins Florida's governor race
- Parineeti Chopra wants $5 mn shoe-hiding fee from Nick Jonas
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 could soon be available in white