Freakish though it may seem, Dennis Hof - who, as it happens, is also the owner of one of Nevada's most famous brothels - still won enough votes to be elected to the state legislature despite having been found dead on October 16.
Interested in Midterm Elections?
Hof beat his opponent Democrat Lesia Romanov and took Nevada's 36th Assembly District posthumously. County officials said they would appoint a replacement candidate from the same party for his seat.
Hof, 72, was found dead at the Love Ranch, one of his legal brothels in Crystal, Nevada, on 16 October after celebrating his birthday with a party attended by porn star Ron Jeremy and other guests.More news: DeSantis pins hopes on GOP turnout Tuesday
Dennis Hof owner of the "Moonlite Bunny Ranch" attends Exxotica Day 1 at New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center on November 13, 2015 in Edison, N.J.
About 20 brothels operate in Nevada in mostly rural areas.
In happier times, Hof had starred in a HBO reality show called "Cathouse".
Bob Zmuda, founder of Comic Relief USA told mourners at his funeral that "Dennis lived himself to death" and recalled how Hof told him "I need a relationship because I need someone to cheat on".More news: Rose back on top of the world
"They will feel much more comfortable casting the ballot for him, knowing there will be another Republican to replace him", he said shortly after the pimp's passing.
Hof ran on a platform based on deeply conservative ideals, including expansion of gun rights and a hard-line policy on immigration.
In a June interview with Reuters at Moonlite BunnyRanch, his brothel near his home in Pahrump, Nevada, Hof said his political fortunes had parallels with those of U.S. President Donald Trump.
Hof died in the same Love Ranch suite where Lamar Odom, the former National Basketball Association player and ex-husband of Khloe Kardashian, overdosed in October 2015, the New Yorker report said. They're banned in counties that contain Las Vegas and Reno, and the state does not publicize how many are open.More news: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 could soon be available in white
The seat Hof won, the 36th Assembly District seat, has always been a Republican-held seat.
- Marijuana Legalization Measure Defeated in North Dakota - Hit & Run
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Missing Character Bug is Getting Fixed Soon
- Nokia 9 leaks out boasting five rear cameras
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles dance in Ghana
- N Korea warns of returning to nuclear policy over sanction
- Parineeti Chopra wants $5 mn shoe-hiding fee from Nick Jonas
- Georgia High School Marching Band Spells Out Racial Slur During Halftime Show
- Nadal Cites Health Setback In Ending Season
- Chris Watts: Dad admits to killing family to avoid death penalty
- A Breaking Bad movie could come from creator Vince Gilligan