While speaking at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner, Haley, who is of Native American descent, joked how the foundation wanted to have an Indian-American speak, but Warren didn't qualify. "As a member of the Trump Cabinet, it is a thrill to be out to dinner without being harassed", Haley said.
Trump on October 9 announced that Haley would be leaving her post "at the end of the year".
"The president called me this morning and gave me some good advice, he said if I get stuck for laughs just brag about his accomplishments".
Haley, who announced her conscious uncoupling from the Trump administration last week, was the keynote speaker at the high profile fundraiser in honor of the former governor of NY.More news: Petrol, Diesel Prices Cut For Fourth Straight Day
Haley has often been an unpredictable and independent force in the Trump administration.
But Haley later put the jokes aside when she brought up how she's heard both Republicans and Democrats describe their political opponents as "enemies or evil" in what she called "our toxic political environment".
"As a member of the United Nations delegation, I do have diplomatic immunity.an exemption from prosecution, or as Mayor De Blasio calls it, a sanctuary city!"
"Last year you went with Paul Ryan, who's a Boys Scout, and that's fine, but a little boring", she said.
"But I do understand why you invited me", Haley said. She has said she wanted to pay respect to her ancestors, as more of her relatives were dying. "Actually, there was a benefit", she said.More news: Ravens sack Titans' Mariota team-record 11 times
"She's done a fantastic job and we've done a fantastic job together", Trump during the meeting.
Haley used her Indian heritage for a few more laughs, but mostly taking aim at others, including Trump: "When the president found out I was Indian, he asked me if I belonged to same tribe as Elizabeth Warren".
She continued to poke fun at Trump's cultural ignorance.
Haley's parents are from Punjab, India. "As a private citizen, I look forward to supporting your re-election as president and supporting the policies that will continue to move our great country toward even greater heights".More news: BMW X7 - price, specs and release date
- Walt Disney World announces new nature-themed resort for 2022
- Italian finance minister Giovanni Tria faces European Union scrutiny on budget
- Missing Saudi journalist :Turkey identifies 8 suspects
- Amritsar train tragedy: Government Railway Police file FIR, event organisers reported missing
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $667 MILLION
- The Truth About Climate Change (And What To Start Doing Now)
- Pacquiao says 90 percent sure will face Broner in January
- Amazon creates 1,000 'Silicon Valley' jobs in UK
- Gatwick reveals 'innovative' emergency runway plan to boost flight numbers
- US Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6bn