They left all their belongings outside, bringing in a torch and a phone, when they entered the cave on June 23.
Coach Ake added, "When they meditate they conserve energy so that they're not using too much energy, while in the cave".
When events turned calamitous, they went into defensive mode.
Asked about their fears while inside, the translator said, "They weren't scared". They always had hope. "And they know that if they don't come out, eventually someone would have to come in and get them out".More news: Sears to close almost 150 more stores, files for bankruptcy
The boys told the show on Monday that prayer and meditation helped them stay calm during the ordeal.
'They chose to go in for just an hour but it took them longer than that'.
Later, Ellen surprised the team with Ellen-ized soccer jerseys and worldwide soccer star, LA Galaxy's Zlatan Ibrahimović, who praises them as the best team in the world. The boys were retrieved one-by-one, with each rescue effort taking nearly eight hours per person. Not only was it dark, but they were all sedated first. All twelve members plus their 25-year-old coach Ake - who was last to be rescued - emerged by July 10.
These days, they are all "healthy" and doing "fine".More news: Hurricane Michael: Dozens still missing on Florida coast
'They all want a good education and have good jobs and be professional soccer players so they can take care of their families, ' the translator explained.
"I thought I was fearless, but these kids, this team is more braver than me", Ibrahimovic said.
Ibrahimovic high-fived every single player, gave each of them a shirt with his name on the back and then invited the fearless youngsters to attend a special training session with the rest of his Galaxy teammates.
The former Manchester United star "gatecrashed" The Ellen DeGeneres Show where the youngsters and their coach were being filmed.More news: Turkey has video of murdered Khashoggi Saudi journalist
While it wasn't discussed on-air, Ake and three of the young teammates had no nationality - or were stateless - at the time they were trapped in the cave.
- 5 members of Royal family missing in Saudi Arabia: Royal prince
- Selena Gomez Checked into Mental Health Facility After Suffering Emotional Breakdown
- Yankees can't get rid of Sonny Gray fast enough
- Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey could still stay at the club - Arsene Wenger
- Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’
- Google Pixel apps to have external microphones support
- Steelers Reporter Has Update On Status Of RB Le’Veon Bell
- American College Student Considers Taking BDS Detention Case to Israel's Supreme Court
- Netflix & BBC One Board Three-Part ‘Dracula’ Series From ‘Sherlock’ Creators
- Reported twist in Tottenham Hotspur’s Nathan Ake chase