McConnell told NPR he was proud of Kavanaugh's confirmation because the GOP stood their ground and, in the end, were able to confirm Kavanaugh after an Federal Bureau of Investigation probe could not find anyone to collaborate Ford's story. I had one beer!
"I'm not going to get into it". 'I don't remember.' Where is the place? 'I don't remember.' Where is the place? I don't remember. How many years ago was it?
'What neighborhood was it in? But I had one beer that's the only thing I remember!'
"We stood up to the mob, and we also stood up for the presumption of innocence in this country", McConnell said.
But when 60 Minutes interviewer, Lesley Stahl, asked the president last night about his speech in MS during Kavanaugh's confirmation process, he showed little remorse.More news: Princess Eugenie And Jack Brooksbank's Official Wedding Portraits Are Intimate And Lovely
At the MS rally on October 3, Trump mimicked Ford's testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee during Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing. To me, it feels like we are winning.
"And it means the leader of the Senate should not assure constituents that he would "plow right through" her testimony", she added.
At the rally, held in Southaven, Mississippi, Mr. Trump alternated between questioner and an impression of Ford.
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh speaks during his ceremonial public swearing-in, in the East Room of the White House in Washington, D.C., October 8, 2018. Have you seen what's gone on with the polls? "It doesn't matter. We won". You go out and you go to MS, and you mimicked Professor Blasey Ford.
CBS correspondent Lesley Stahl asked why he made fun of her. But really, voting is how we protect each other, to me.
"Lose the Senate, and the project of confirming judges is over for the last two years of President Trump", McConnell told National Public Radio (NPR).More news: Week 6 Ups and Downs: Minnesota Vikings vs Arizona Cardinals
But Stahl said his audience was clapping and laughing.
"They can do what they want".
"I- I will tell you this". Well, I think she was treated with great respect'. "I was just saying she didn't seem to know anything".
Trump: 'You know what?
"You know what?" the president countered, "I'm not gonna get into it because we won". It doesn't matter. We won'.More news: Former American Idol contestant arrested in Norfolk on drug charges
- Pope defrocks two Chilean bishops over sex abuse crisis
- Chinese ambassador to USA says Beijing doesn't know who to deal with
- Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey could still stay at the club - Arsene Wenger
- Germany: 'Hostage situation' at Cologne train station
- Sen. Warren Releases DNA Test Supporting Native American Ancestry
- Germany national team: Joachim Low's side reach historical low in Netherlands defeat
- Steelers Reporter Has Update On Status Of RB Le’Veon Bell
- Alok Nath denies allegations of sexual harassment, responds to CINTAA
- Hurricane Michael: Dozens still missing on Florida coast
- Twitter is living for Sarah Ferguson's meme-worthy royal wedding appearance