After managing to outlast the Yankees during a 4-3 nailbiter in the Bronx, the Red Sox didn't play "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys in the clubhouse, even though that's what they were going to do following their celebration.
Speaking on MLB Network radio a day after the Red Sox eliminated the Yankees from the AL Division Series, Cora said he plans to use Chris Sale in Game 1 of the best-of-seven series that begins at Fenway Park on Saturday night.More news: Selena Gomez enters treatment facility after suffering an 'emotional breakdown'
Still in search of his first postseason win as a starter, David Price gets the call for the Red Sox in Game 2. He performed relatively well in two starts against the Astros this season, allowing five runs across 12 1/3 innings while posting an.811 WHIP.
Game 1 is Saturday night in Boston.More news: Hubble Space Telescope sidelined by serious pointing failure
It certainly has been great for Cora and the Red Sox, who are in a great position to win their fourth World Series title in the past 14 years. Just talking to them, connecting (with them), I'm 42 years old so there are certain things they like that I do like.
Cora was Houston's bench coach a year ago before he was hired by Boston.More news: Meghan Markle’s ex-husband marries fiancee in intimate ceremony
Notes: 1B Mitch Moreland, who injured his right hamstring in Game 2 against the Yankees while running the bases, participated in batting practice on Thursday. As such, it might come as a surprise to fans that Cora has had to scream and yell at his team this season. "We'll talk to him and make a few adjustments and we'll go from there". "It's embarrassing and it just keeps getting worse". 3B Eduardo Nunez appeared to injure himself while making the throw to first for the final out Tuesday.
- Koepka named PGA Tour Player of the Year
- Details Surface on How to Watch Apple’s Original Content
- New Xiaomi Mi Box Features Google Assistant, Android Oreo & Low Price
- This is what Amitabh Bachchan said about #MeToo campaign
- Migrants to call regional Australia home under Government's new population plan
- Northern Irish party threatens to topple Theresa May's United Kingdom government
- Novak Djokovic cruises past Jeremy Chardy at Shanghai Masters
- 10 common signs of mental illness to watch out for
- 'Joker' movie extras reportedly denied break, locked in subway cars
- ‘Aladdin’ First Look Teaser: Aladdin Finds The Genie’s Lamp