But the glass is Gorilla Glass 5, an upgrade in durability compared to the GG3 used in the screen in last year's Razer Phone.
The company also announced on Thursday that it would be launching a new entry-level model of the Razer Blade gaming laptop, the Raiju Mobile game controller, and Hammerhead USB-C active noise cancelling accessories for the Razer Phone 2.
Razer today officially unveiled the Razer Phone 2, its second generation flagship gaming smartphone.More news: African Billionaire Kidnapped by Gunmen at Luxury Hotel in Tanzania
However the gaming manufacturer is certainly more concerned with performance over futuristic looks with the Phone 2. Razer didn't specify speeds for the 845's efficiency cores, but we'd presume they stick to reference specs, as well. Also, it features a Vapor Chamber cooling system. Razer pairs the SoC with 8 GB of LPDDR4X, according to GSMArena, and internal storage will start at 64 GB. It uses a dual-lens system with a wide 12MP f/1.75 lens and a 12MP f/2.6 telephoto lens, plus a dual LED flash. 4K capture with the rear camera is also on offer. Selfies are handled by an 8MP front-facing camera.
When is the Razor Phone 2 coming out?
Razer hopes its gaming optimisation for titles such as PUBG Mobile and Marvel Suture Fight, and its work with developers will make its phone stand out for the gaming community. Razer also claims IP67 dust and water resistance. And the back is now made out of glass so wireless charging support is on offer. The company introduced a companion dock that provides that Qi induction and can hold the phone upright for viewing or collapse into a more traditional charging-pad posture. It also supports Qualcomm QuickCharge 4+ so that you can charge the phone from 0 percent to 50 percent within just 30 minutes.
The rear of Razer Phone 2 features the Razer triple-headed snake logo that glows in 16.8 million colors.More news: Rishabh Pant breaks into Indian ODI team after runs in Tests
Unlike the Pixel 3 which comes out with Pie on board, the new Razer Phone runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
The Phone 2 might not have every whiz-bang flagship feature, but it stickers at a relatively modest $799 starting price.
Supporting buzzy hardcore gamer techs like HDR, Atmos, and 120Hz is pretty much what the Razer Phone 2 is all about. We still haven't heard anything regarding the battery and camera, though, so it's probably worth tuning into the live stream tonight.More news: What we learned in Lakers win over Warriors
- Kanye West Goes On 10-Minute Rant During White House Visit
- USA arrests alleged Chinese national for targeting major aviation companies
- The FSF Wants Microsoft To Do More To Help Fight Software Patents
- #HimToo poster boy flips the narrative after mom's viral tweet
- Florida takes stock of devastation from Hurricane Michael
- Pentagon Grounds Troubled F-35 Fighters After First Crash
- Details Surface on How to Watch Apple’s Original Content
- 10 common signs of mental illness to watch out for
- Selena Gomez enters treatment facility after suffering an 'emotional breakdown'
- Paul Pogba reveals two areas of his game he must improve