"Brooks has brought a new brand of athleticism to the PGA Tour, and we saw the results this year with his historic season at the major championships and a top-10 finish in the FedExCup", PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan said in a statement.
In a vote of his peers, Brooks Koepka added to his trophy trove as he was named the PGA Tour's player of the year on the strength of wins in the U.S. Open and the PGA Championship. "You win two majors, you've got it".
"I'm excited to try and do it".
Meanwhile, Thomas claimed The Arnold Palmer Award for topping the PGA money list to become the first back-to-back victor since Tiger Woods in 2007.More news: Google Plus shutting down as social network bug exposes private data
The American this year won the US PGA Championship and became the first golfer since 1989 to clinch back-to-back US Open titles.
Koepka's third major championship came quickly after. I've always been a pretty good putter, but this year I didn't putt as well as I would have liked.
Koepka won both the US Open and the PGA Championship, despite missing four months of the season with a wrist injury.More news: Novak Djokovic cruises past Jeremy Chardy at Shanghai Masters
Thomas won the Arnold Palmer Trophy for leading the PGA Tour money list for the second straight year, making him the first player since Woods in 2006-07 to win the money title in consecutive years.
Koepka's award was presented at The Bear's Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, the home course of Nicklaus. World number one Johnson was third followed by England's Justin Rose, victor of the US PGA Tour's FedEx Cup playoff crown.
Shortly after the 17.5-10.5 defeat in France it was reported the Team USA duo had a heated confrontation, something Koepka denied last week. He leaves this weekend for the CJ Cup in South Korea, followed by the HSBC Champions in Shanghai.More news: Trump, Kanye Meet In The Oval Office
- What we learned in Lakers win over Warriors
- Northern Irish party threatens to topple Theresa May's United Kingdom government
- Hubble Space Telescope sidelined by serious pointing failure
- Migrants to call regional Australia home under Government's new population plan
- Almost 500 people held under Mental Health Act in Lancashire
- Ben Affleck Signs For New Movie With Gavin O'Connor
- Rishabh Pant breaks into Indian ODI team after runs in Tests
- Paul Pogba reveals two areas of his game he must improve
- Red Sox eliminate rival Yankees, advance to ALCS
- Harvey Weinstein Gets One Sexual Assault Charge Dismissed