For Dakota Johnson, it merely resulted in a slew of headlines and some awkward reactions.
The balloon release led many to believe that the party was a gender reveal party for Johnson's supposed pregnancy.
Speaking to Ellen DeGeneres, the 29-year-old said: 'The only thing I'm pregnant with is a lot of really good ideas. "It was my birthday and there were balloons that happened to be pink and blue, and so then I was pregnant?"More news: Trump, Kanye Meet In The Oval Office
Hours after the story was published, Dakota's representatives denied she was expecting a baby, insisting that the balloons were in fact in honour of her 29th birthday, which she celebrated on October 4. News earlier this week-but on Ellen DeGeneres' eponymous daytime talk show Thursday, the host chose to have a little fun with the silly report. "I didn't know the balloons were going to be released".
"A lot of people congratulated me", she said, adding that she was put in a bit of an awkward spot when she had to start telling people it was simply her birthday party - and that they hadn't been invited.More news: 'Joker' movie extras reportedly denied break, locked in subway cars
Chris and Dakota are believed to be dating for a year now.
Her birthday party, which was held at the Coldplay frontman's house, got a lot of attention - and not just because it was her big day! The actress finally broke her silence about their relationship when she graced the cover of Tatler's november 2018 issue, saying: "I'm not going to talk about it, but I am very happy". "But I am very happy".
But without calling Chris by name, Ellen insisted she had invited "him" because she knew "he" would bring the brunette beauty along as she didn't have her phone number to call the actress directly.More news: FDA Expands Usage Of HPV Vaccine To Adults Aged 27 To 45
- Malaysia to abolish colonial-era Sedition Act, death penalty
- Cyclone Titli threatens to bring back Hudhud’s wrath
- President Trump, Kanye West to have White House lunch
- Migrants to call regional Australia home under Government's new population plan
- Red Sox eliminate rival Yankees, advance to ALCS
- Roberts refers complaints about Kavanaugh to federal judges in Colorado
- Northern Irish party threatens to topple Theresa May's United Kingdom government
- Venezuela says jailed lawmaker took his own life
- Unscathed by Hurricane Michael, Lake City friends test their luck
- New York Giants will release Ereck Flowers on Tuesday if not traded