This could be somewhat of a coup for Warner Bros., the studio behind Suicide Squad and other films based on DC superheroes. The former WWE star has been working with Gunn on the Guardians movies and when the news broke of his Suicide Squad involvement, Bautista doubled-down on his Disney protest by publicly asking where he could sign up. However, the film was not loved by critics. But when writer/director David Ayer's film arrived some seven months later, in the wake of the dark and divisive Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it left a lot to be desired. Suicide Squad 2 does not yet have a release date. The Guardians of the Galaxy cast came to Gunn's support, but apparently to no avail. Someone with a good grasp of story and making characters endearing, even if they're reprehensible, is something Gunn has done time and again in his work. However, subsequent reports would in fact confirm that the new scenes were meant to lighten the mood of the film following the negative reception to Dawn of Justice's darkness. Our first-blush thought is a one-word "duh", as Gunn's propensity for dark, profane humor and redemption seems like a ideal fit for DC Comics' most blatant anti-hero collection of bad-guys-gone-good. By comparison, Suicide Squad appeared to have been edited with a hatchet, with wildly different tones from scene-to-scene, a Harley Quinn and Joker arc that seemed like it had been abandoned midway through the film, and a boring, sky-portal climax that seemed out of place with the team's '80s action movie (and hyper-violent) roots. Gunn could potentially use his proven talents in this very specific genre to creatively level up the franchise for D.C. and Warner Bros. The film is listed as a sequel, so it does not sound like a reboot.More news: Trump, Kanye Meet In The Oval Office
What is the plot of Suicide Squad 2?More news: New Xiaomi Mi Box Features Google Assistant, Android Oreo & Low Price
- US President Trump calls the US Fed 'crazy', stock declines a 'correction'
- The FSF Wants Microsoft To Do More To Help Fight Software Patents
- Harvey Weinstein Gets One Sexual Assault Charge Dismissed
- Selena Gomez enters treatment facility after suffering an 'emotional breakdown'
- Don’t be too hard on him, Vladimir Putin tells Khabib’s father
- FDA Expands Usage Of HPV Vaccine To Adults Aged 27 To 45
- What we learned in Lakers win over Warriors
- Crew Rescued After Russian ISS Launch Fails
- 10 common signs of mental illness to watch out for
- Hubble Space Telescope sidelined by serious pointing failure