With the first poster now out in the wild, it shouldn't be long before we get a glimpse at those Arabian nights in a trailer - and the film is set to hit United Kingdom cinemas on 24 May. As fans of the 1992 animated movie know, Aladdin frees Genie from the lamp and uses his first wish to become Prince Ali Ababwa, a worthy suitor for Princess Jasmine. The final seconds of the teaser features Aladdin just about to rub the Genie's lamp.More news: Selena Gomez enters treatment facility after suffering an 'emotional breakdown'
Will Smith, who will play Genie, shared the poster on his Instagram on October 10. The poster featured the Genie's iconic lamp. Smith followed it up by saying, "Can't wait for y'all to see me BLUE!", alluding to his role as Genie. HollywoodLife actually saw the first footage of the film back at CinemaCon in April 2018.More news: What we learned in Lakers win over Warriors
For the animated version, the voice cast included Robin Williams, Scott Weinger, Linda Larkin, Jonathan Freeman, Gilbert Gottfried, Jim Cummings, and more.
After the poster started making its rounds online, one of Aladdin's stars, Naomi Scott, took to social media to say how honored she was to be a part of the franchise's legacy.More news: Koepka named PGA Tour Player of the Year
Are you excited for the live-action Aladdin? Remaking a Disney film is certainly a big shift in tone and story content than even his most accessible films like Sherlock Holmes but Disney seems to have enough trust in the director to hand him one of the studio's most beloved '90s animated films. The movie will hit theaters May 24, 2019. Disney is also developing live-action remakes for their streaming service - titles like The Sword in the Stone and Lady and the Tramp.
- Migrants to call regional Australia home under Government's new population plan
- 'Joker' movie extras reportedly denied break, locked in subway cars
- Alonso rues "random decisions" in F1 after Suzuka penalty
- Red Sox eliminate rival Yankees, advance to ALCS
- Hubble Space Telescope sidelined by serious pointing failure
- Crew Rescued After Russian ISS Launch Fails
- Northern Irish party threatens to topple Theresa May's United Kingdom government
- Details Surface on How to Watch Apple’s Original Content
- Rishabh Pant breaks into Indian ODI team after runs in Tests
- Paul Pogba reveals two areas of his game he must improve