An Air India Express flight to Dubai from Tamil Nadu's Tiruchirappalli airport, carrying 136 passengers, had a miraculous escape during take-off early Friday morning.
The airline also said that refreshments were served to the passengers at the Mumbai airport following which another aircraft was arranged to continue the flight to Dubai with a fresh team of crew.
Air India flight hits airport wall before take-off
The passengers were shifted to another aircraft at Mumbai to travel to Dubai.
An internal inquiry has been ordered and co-pilot has been de-rostered until the investigation is done. However, airline officials said they do not have much information on which part of the aircraft had hit the antenna on ground or the damage to the aircraft. While the source said the flight had to make an emergency landing at the airport due to issues with hydraulic fuel, a spokesperson of the national carrier claimed there was a hydraulic fuel "shortage". However, they were asked to divert to Mumbai anyway as a precaution, NDTV reported.More news: 17 surreal things that happened during the Donald Trump-Kanye West summit
The flight later safely landed at the Mumbai airport at around 5.39 am where fire brigade and other departments were put on standby. The First Officer, Captain Anurag, has an experience of about 3,000 hours on the B737. AI express has informed DGCA about the incident.
The plane's two pilots have been suspended pending an investigation.More news: Natural disaster strikes Bali as ASEAN leaders gather for meeting
Tamil Nadu Minister Vellamandi Natrajan visited the spot and inspected the damages to the wall, adjacent to a state highway.More news: Ryan Coogler to Write and Direct ‘Black Panther 2’
- Application Kicks Off Battle Against Predators — Instagram Against Bullying
- Unscathed by Hurricane Michael, Lake City friends test their luck
- Roberts refers complaints about Kavanaugh to federal judges in Colorado
- Dakota Johnson not pregnant as she denies baby rumours to Ellen
- Huawei to sell servers with its own chips in cloud computing push
- Sajid Khan Accused Of Sexual Harassment By These Three Women
- Federal agents foil terror plot planned for election day in DC
- China accuses ex-Interpol chief of bribery
- Sterling Shepard melts down on sideline, throws trash can during game
- International Monetary Fund cuts global economic growth target to 3.7%