Khabib Nurmagomedov predicted that his father wouldn't be happy with his actions at UFC 229 where he jumped over the and almost incited a riot while trying to get at one of Conor McGregor's corner men.
Now both Nurmagomedov and McGregor face possible sanctions from the Nevada State Athletic Commission for their role in the mayhem that unfolded after the event ended.
The UFC lightweight champion took to to Instagram on Tuesday to poke fun at UFC president Dana White over what repercussions White would have faced had he stripped Nurmagomedov of his belt after Saturday's post-fight brawl.More news: Democrats to force health care vote Wednesday in Senate
The 30-year-old Russian kept his crown with a fourth-round submission victory over Ireland's Conor McGregor in Las Vegas, improving to 27-0 in his professional career and 11-0 in UFC bouts.
Rizvan Magomedov is seen taunting Conor McGregor's training partner, Dillon Danis, in the seconds immediately after the fight.
Nurmagomedov was hustled out, surrounded by security officers, as a pro-McGregor crowd jeered and threw drinks at him.More news: Royal wedding excitement: Princess Eugenie reveals bridal party details
"The first thing I wanted to show him, is the difference between our people, and his people", said Nurmagomedov.
"He is going to get suspended so maybe you give him four to six months' suspension", said White.
White said the NAC has not given Nurmagomedov his prize money pending an investigation of the situation and could impose a fine for his actions. After talking with aksakals and wise countrymen, they chose to move to other heights. I do not think that should happen. You just beat him while the whole world was watching.More news: Hillary, Bill Clinton To Make 13 Joint Appearances, Including At The Forum
White defended against critics who said the promotion had stoked the flames of the brawl by highlighting an infamous bus attack by McGregor. Members of Nurmagomedov's crew were also arrested for attacking McGregor in the Octagon. So that right hand, you know... he was very disappointed he got caught with a shot like that. "The guy that's yelling at you means nothing".
- USA markets drop sharply as investors are spooked by rising rates
- How to be a better friend to someone with mental health issues
- Three strong quakes hit across the world just hours apart
- Korea, Russia call for "review" of UNSC sanctions in joint communiqué
- The 'scary-looking' view of Hurricane Michael from the International Space Station
- Joe Giudice Will Be Deported After Prison Release - How Did He React?
- Google drops out of Pentagon's $10 billion cloud competition
- Hurricane Michael Downgraded To Tropical Storm After Battering Florida Panhandle
- These maps shed light on when and where Hurricane Michael will hit
- Dow Falls 430 Points as Bond Yields Surge and China Tensions Grow