According to TMZ, who was first to report the news, Gomez suffered an apparent "emotional breakdown" following two hospitalizations within the last few weeks related to her Lupus and last year's kidney transplant. News broke on October 10 that Selena was hospitalized twice at the end of September for complications from her 2017 kidney transplant - specifically, a low white blood cell count, according to TMZ.
Radar previously reported that Gomez was traumatized by her friend Demi Lovato's overdose. That was when she apparently tried to rip the IVs out of her arm and had a "meltdown". The former girlfriend of Canadian singer Justin Bieber is receiving dialectical behavior therapy which treats various mental health disorders such as borderline personality disorder, self-harm, suicidal behaviour, depression, eating disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder.More news: Hurricane Michael Downgraded To Tropical Storm After Battering Florida Panhandle
DBT focuses on teaching patients mindfulness, healthy communication and behavioral patterns, emotional regulation and how to better respond to negative events.
She took yet another self-enforced break from social media at the end of September, saying she wanted to step back and feel grateful "for the moment she'd been given". Sources told TMZ that it was an "emotional breakdown". She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me.More news: Hillary, Bill Clinton To Make 13 Joint Appearances, Including At The Forum
In addition to still being anxious about her best friend, the source told Radar tonight, she is still reeling over ex-boyfriend Bieber's quickie engagement and marriage to Hailey Baldwin just months after their split.
It's not the first time that Selena has been treated for mental health issues with DBT.More news: Dow Falls 430 Points as Bond Yields Surge and China Tensions Grow
Selena has been open about her struggle with Lupus for years.
- New NES Games Now Available
- Three strong quakes hit across the world just hours apart
- Korea, Russia call for "review" of UNSC sanctions in joint communiqué
- Joe Giudice Will Be Deported After Prison Release - How Did He React?
- White House: More talks with Saudi crown prince
- Saudi envoy to US expresses shock at false reports
- Pipeline explosion near Prince George
- USA markets drop sharply as investors are spooked by rising rates
- UFC boss: Nurmagomedov won't be stripped of MMA title
- Google drops out of Pentagon's $10 billion cloud competition