According to TMZ, who was first to report the news, Gomez suffered an apparent "emotional breakdown" following two hospitalizations within the last few weeks related to her Lupus and last year's kidney transplant. News broke on October 10 that Selena was hospitalized twice at the end of September for complications from her 2017 kidney transplant - specifically, a low white blood cell count, according to TMZ.
Radar previously reported that Gomez was traumatized by her friend Demi Lovato's overdose. That was when she apparently tried to rip the IVs out of her arm and had a "meltdown". The former girlfriend of Canadian singer Justin Bieber is receiving dialectical behavior therapy which treats various mental health disorders such as borderline personality disorder, self-harm, suicidal behaviour, depression, eating disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder.More news: Hillary, Bill Clinton To Make 13 Joint Appearances, Including At The Forum
DBT focuses on teaching patients mindfulness, healthy communication and behavioral patterns, emotional regulation and how to better respond to negative events.
She took yet another self-enforced break from social media at the end of September, saying she wanted to step back and feel grateful "for the moment she'd been given". Sources told TMZ that it was an "emotional breakdown". She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me.More news: These maps shed light on when and where Hurricane Michael will hit
In addition to still being anxious about her best friend, the source told Radar tonight, she is still reeling over ex-boyfriend Bieber's quickie engagement and marriage to Hailey Baldwin just months after their split.
It's not the first time that Selena has been treated for mental health issues with DBT.More news: Minnesota kids diagnosed with rare, polio-like disease
Selena has been open about her struggle with Lupus for years.
- Three strong quakes hit across the world just hours apart
- New NES Games Now Available
- Korea, Russia call for "review" of UNSC sanctions in joint communiqué
- Hurricane Michael Downgraded To Tropical Storm After Battering Florida Panhandle
- Pogba should have kept views to himself - Saha
- USA markets drop sharply as investors are spooked by rising rates
- Joe Giudice Will Be Deported After Prison Release - How Did He React?
- U.S. military moves command center as Hurricane Michael bears down
- The 'scary-looking' view of Hurricane Michael from the International Space Station
- Dow has worst day in eight months as it drops 800 points