"On behalf of our nation, I want to apologise to Brett and the entire Kavanaugh family for the awful pain and suffering you have been forced to endure", he said. Trump apologised to Brett and his family for the "terrible pain and suffering" they endured.
It's possible the complaints will never be investigated if the lower-court judges determine they have no jurisdiction over a Supreme Court justice under the judiciary's ethics rules. Republicans have said the rowdy opposition to Kavanaugh has given conservative voters a new enthusiasm.
Grassley told Fox News on Tuesday that the committee would not take up a Supreme Court nomination in an election year if he is still the chairman.More news: Taylor Swift calls on fans to vote during AMA acceptance speech
He emphatically denied the allegations.
Merrick Garland, the chief judge of the D.C. Circuit, typically deals with ethics complaints, but he apparently stepped aside from complaints against Kavanaugh.
Justice Kavanaugh was confirmed by the Senate on Saturday, in a 50-48 vote that followed strictly partisan lines.More news: Amazon Great Indian Festival sale: 10 top offers on refrigerators, washing machines
With Kavanaugh's ascension to the high court, Republicans, long dispirited by Trump's string of scandals and the prospect of losing their congressional majorities, are whooping it up.
He used the swearing in ceremony to announce he had "no bitterness" over his bruising nomination process as he vowed to be a "team player".
Fresh off the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, questions arose about what Republicans might do if another vacancy opens on the court in 2020 - and Republican leadership doesn't agree on what they'd do in that situation. And I will always be a team player on the team of nine.More news: Strictly Come Dancing contestant Seann Walsh under fire from ex-girlfriend
Sixty-two percent (62%) of all voters are angry about the U.S. Senate's treatment of Kavanaugh, with 42% who are Very Angry. "That process is over", he said. My focus now is to be the best justice I can be.
- Netflix's The Witcher Casts Ciri and Yennefer
- Tyson Fury still not enrolled in WBC's Clean Boxing Program
- Michael responsible for child's death in Georgia
- Meghan Markle’s Estranged Half-Sister Denies Being Turned Away After Uninvited Palace Visit
- Google is extending Home Control from this week
- British couple killed as their taxi is swept away in Mallorca floods
- Bipartisan Senate Group Forces U.S. Probe of Saudi Journalist's Disappearance
- Verne Troyer’s Cause of Death Revealed
- Galaxy S10 processor might have a dedicated NPU
- Kim Kardashian criticized style of his sisters: "They look like clowns"