For Tway it was his breakthrough victory on the PGA Tour. "I wasn't really in it on the front nine".
The veteran made three straight back-nine bogeys to bring a number of players back into the fold, and seemingly lost control of his swing while missing a number of greens with short irons or wedges in hand. "I'm kind of at a loss for words right now". But Tway and Ryan Moore hung around, and when Moore birdied 18 and Tway the 17th and 18th, the three went to extra holes to decide the matter.
"It's done, and I didn't do it", he said.
Kevin Tway birdied the two last holes of regulation, but he was simply getting warmed up.More news: Melania Trump On Me Too: We Should Support Men, 'Not Just Women'
Snedeker appeared to have things on cruise control at the Safeway Open, torching the North Course at Silverado Resort & Spa en route to a three-shot lead entering the final round.
"Really disappointing", Snedeker said. "Didn't make any putts".
Moore also birdied the first two playoff holes to stay alive, but he missed his birdie attempt at No. 10 before Tway sank the victor.
"I'm going to look at that one in a few years and know I gave that one away", Snedeker said. "I had full control". "On a day like today it's not about necessarily how you're swinging, it's about how you just get the ball in the hole and somehow I managed to do that".More news: Trump apologizes to Kavanaugh and declares him 'proven innocent'
Tway shot a final round 71 to finish at 14-under par and get into the three-man playoff.
"Obviously, we all kind of knew the wind was going to be insane warming up this morning", List said. "I was just anticipating a really tough day and it was".
Phil Mickelson carded a 72 on Sunday to tie for 17th at 8 under. Making three birdies is pretty good.
It's hard to win on the PGA Tour, and no one is more aware of that maxim than Brandt Snedeker. "I lost my swing, hit several bad shots and missed some butts".More news: Jimmy Butler Returns To Practice: "You Can't Win Without Me"
Two-time defending champion Brendan Steele had a 75 to finish at 3 under.
- Google unveils Home Hub
- '2.2m Nepalis suffer from mental health disorder' - Capital
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro images reveal awesome 'waterdrop' style notch screen
- Google Lens Now Built Into Pixel 3 Camera
- Rock used as a doorstop for decades is actually a $100,000 meteorite
- Dow ends brutal session with 3.2% loss, Nasdaq -4.1%
- William and Kate to attend mental health summit
- Google Unveils Pixel 3 Phones, Pixel Slate, and Home Hub
- Acute flaccid myelitis cases investigated across state
- Here's where Ireland ranks among the world's most powerful passports