According toThe Hollywood Reporter, the 52-year-old director has struck a deal with Warner Bros to write Suicide Squad sequel and will possibly direct as well. Now, the word is dropping that James Gunn is in talks to write Suicide Squad 2 for Warner Bros and DC, and is also being eyed to direct the property.
There's still no release date set for Suicide Squad 2, but Warner Bros. now has 5th June, 2020 reserved for an unnamed DC movie.
Gunn will no longer be able to direct Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 following a string of unearthed social media posts.More news: Avengers 4 Star Mark Ruffalo Reveals Political Oriented Avengers 4 Title
But three months after he was sacked it has been revealed that DC Entertainment snapped him up to take on their Suicide Squad sequel. He has said that working for Disney has been "pretty nauseating" and has questioned his return to the third installment of the Guardians franchise, which has been put on hold since Gunn's firing. The Drax the Destroyer actor tweeted shortly after Deadline covered the news, "Where do I sign up!" Reports are suggesting that this new movie will maybe not be a direct sequel to the first film.
From Marvel to DC?
Gunn gives Warner Bros. and DC Comics one of the most fan boy-approved voices in comic book films at a time when Warner Bros.is remaking much of its superhero operations.More news: Mohamed Salah Has Received 53% Of Votes To Win The Balon d'Or
The first Suicide Squad film, which was released in 2016 and directed by David Ayer, received mixed reviews, but did earn almost $750 million worldwide - massive in comparison to its $175 million budget, before promotion and advertising.
Shortly after news of Gunn's departure from the Guardians franchise broke, the now-controversial filmmaker issued a statement with regard to his online actions that had occured several years prior to Disney asking him to construct the journey of Marvel's favorite space-faring a-holes.More news: Trump questions United Nations global warming report
- Virgin Galactic to be in space 'in weeks,' owner Branson says
- After an undisclosed security breach was revealed, Google+ will be shutting down
- American Music Awards: See Photos From the Red Carpet
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Premiere Ratings Lowest Since 2010
- Market Outlook: China cuts reserve requirements
- John Prine Among 2019 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees
- Malema's EFF declares 'war' to remove South Africa's finance minister
- Meet Spock in ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 2 Trailer!
- Vaccinations Stressed as Flu Season Begins
- Aguero nominated for Ballon d'Or