It can be tempting to simply issue a huge launch day patch instead of delaying the release to be sure that everyone can start playing right away.
"Before playing for the first time, players will need to download and install a day one update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4".
Publisher Activision has revealed that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will require a whopping 50GB day one patch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.More news: Dettori repeats Arc de Triomphe success on flying Enable
For those buying the game digitally on either Xbox One or PS4, you'll be looking at a total of 55 GB to download. The notes mention that Blackout will be playable once the installation reaches around 30% on both consoles.
Downloading the day-one update is required to play the multiplayer and Zombies game modes as well as accessing the Specialist Headquarters, but Blackout can be played without the full update being downloaded.
Are you anxious about having to download 50GB for Black Ops 4, or does it not bother you?More news: Watch today's 'Made by Google' Pixel 3 event here live
Games like Black Ops 4 may be off-limits to certain players simply because they don't have the luxuries of unlimited data or truly fast broadband.
The digital version clocks in at 55GB for the game and its patch on day one - and it also means you'll not need to switch out discs. The patch itself will be approximately 50 GB. BT Games and Game4U stores will have copies available from 6PM on Thursday, with BT Games expected to stay open until at least 8PM on Thursday.
Courtesy of Treyarch's Reddit post, for those who want to start their Black Ops 4 experience ASAP the moment servers are live, Black Ops 4 pre-load begins on consoles (PS4, Xbox One) at 12 a.m. on October 10!More news: Israeli PM’s wife goes on trial for fraud
- Here’s Our First Look at Ruby Rose as Batwoman
- Eagles place Ajayi on IR, reportedly out for season with torn ACL
- Is a diplomatic row awaiting Turkey-Saudi ties?
- NASA Hubble Space Telescope grapples with new mechanical failure
- Busy Philipps Details Alleged James Franco Incident On ‘Freaks And Geeks’ Set
- Lawsuit accuses Antonio Brown of almost killing toddler in 'fit of rage'
- Trump official sought Israeli help to disrupt rival campaigns
- 'Potentially catastrophic' Hurricane Michael strengthens to Category 2, targets Florida
- Nikki Haley resigns as US Ambassador to UN, Trump accepts
- Made by Google Event Kicks Off at 11AM Eastern!