According to kompas.com, the move was due to Ruffalo disclosing the top-secret title and ending of the upcoming film when he was a guest on The Tonight Show on Saturday.
He went on and jokingly said, "I've kind of got a punk rock soul and I felt like 'dude, everyone has tattoos".More news: John Prine Among 2019 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees
Then, Anthony and Joe Russo took to Twitter to let Ruffalo know he had been fired after this latest mishap. But this wasn't enough for Russo Brothers. Ruffalo's appearance on Fallon may have been a response to the Avengers 4 title leaking like that. They posted on twitter saying, "Mark, you're fired". The release of "Avengers 4" (A4) is long way off in mid-2019 next year, but it's one installment that's triggered of numerous speculations and theories among fans on social media.
We would never underestimate Mark Ruffalo's ability to give away a major spoiler, even when he's specifically trying to joke around about his innate ability to ruin things, but something tells us this isn't one of those times.
Comics readers would quickly point out that Annihilation doesn't necessarily make sense as a title for the film, given that Annihilation is a different Marvel story.More news: Busy Philipps Details Alleged James Franco Incident On ‘Freaks And Geeks’ Set
Others confirmed Disney and Marvel were angry about the whole situation, and that Annihilation may have been indeed the title of the film.
Ruffalo is expected to reprise his role as Bruce Banner/The Hulk in Avengers 4 when it hits theaters on May 3, 2018.More news: Aaron Ramsey: Ian Wright backs Arsenal contract 'stance' on Wales misfielder
- Pakistan to start talks with International Monetary Fund as rupee continues to fall
- Sony on PlayStation 5: "it’s necessary to have a next-generation hardware"
- Apparent white tiger attack kills keeper at Japan zoo
- Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel goes pink this October
- Google+ will be shut down following security bug
- Trump apologizes to Kavanaugh, says he was 'proven innocent'
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has a 50GB day one patch
- William Nordhaus and Paul Romer Win Nobel Prize for Economics
- Iran refutes Saudi claim that can meet post-sanctions oil demand
- Microsoft puts Windows 10 update on hold after file deletion reports