Swift will open the AMAs with her "Reputation" track "I Did Something Bad", marking her first awards show performance since 2016, when she sang "1989" hit "Out of the Woods" at that year's Grammys.
The rapper won for Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Artist at the 2018 American Music Awards and she accepted the award with style, grace and her amusing sense of humor. Cardi B and Drake are tied with the most nominations leading into the big show; both rappers are nominated in eight categories, though only Cardi will be taking the stage to perform. Her comments drove a spike in voter registration. And you know what else is voted on by the people?
Swift won three awards at the AMAs, but she saved politics for her last acceptance speech of the night.More news: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has a 50GB day one patch
Glady Knight led a tribute to Aretha Franklin, who died of cancer in August at age 76.More news: Apparent white tiger attack kills keeper at Japan zoo
Cardi B's collaboration with Bruno Mars, the remix of "Finesse", earned two nominations and she also earned nods for favorite social artist and favorite music video, among others.
Taylor Swift is ready for the "next chapter!"More news: Sony on PlayStation 5: "it’s necessary to have a next-generation hardware"
- Taylor Swift’s political Instagram post causes spike in voter registration, organization says
- Trump apologizes to Kavanaugh, says he was 'proven innocent'
- Justice Kavanaugh makes low-key Supreme Court debut, after raucous confirmation
- Griffith faces up to the issues of World Mental Health Day
- Aaron Ramsey: Ian Wright backs Arsenal contract 'stance' on Wales misfielder
- Pakistan to start talks with International Monetary Fund as rupee continues to fall
- Microsoft puts Windows 10 update on hold after file deletion reports
- Stark warning says we have a decade to avoid catastrophic climate change
- Ignore even more phone calls with Google's 'call screen' feature
- New Trailer Released for Making a Murderer: Part 2