The event has become the company's traditional venue for launching their in-house hardware, such as the Pixel phone family and various Chromebook offshoots.
Google is also expected to announce an updated Chromecast with better connectivity features. Thankfully, come Tuesday, the Pixel 3 leaks will stop, as the phones will become official. However, the Google Pixel Slate is a fairly new addition to the Pixel lineup. The tech giant recently sent out invitations for an event to be held on October 9.
The Pixel 3 XL is expected to sport dual, front-facing cameras with one wide-angle sensor to allow users to take "Super Selfies" that automatically blur the background behind the subject. A new report dashes those hopes rather, revealing the Pixel 3's camera features. Google has sold an estimated 7 million Pixels over the past two years, nearly imperceptible next to the 3.6 billion phones shipped during that time, according to the research firm International Data Corp.More news: Alex Cora made the right moves when Red Sox needed it most
Stay tuned for the live updates.
Pixel-series isn't Google's first hardware. Google hasn't yet discussed prices for its Pixel phones.
Amazon's new and fully refreshed Echo Show will go on sale later this week with this smart speaker offering a bigger display and improved sound.More news: Betting suspended on The Everest horse race before Sydney Opera House show
Pixel 3 is likely to use an octa-core Qualcomm chipset, an Ardreno 630 GPU, and have 4GB of RAM.
As we inch towards the end of a smartphone year, we will witness one of the last few major launches of 2018 tonight.
This might be received well by several fans, as Apple completely skipped on its AirPower charging mat during the launch of its new iPhone trio. The Pixel 3 would be a 2,915mAh battery, while the Pixel 3 XL gets a 3,430mAh battery.More news: Exclusive Pixel 3 camera features leak ahead of Google's media event
- Child among three Palestinians killed in Gaza protests
- Disappearance of Saudi Journalist in Turkey Threatens to Upset Mideast Relations
- Pakistan poised to seek bailout from International Monetary Fund to stabilise economy
- Why Zinedine Zidane might not want the Man Utd job
- Comedian Pete Davidson Calls Kanye West a Jackass for 'SNL' Rant
- Pixel Slate: first Images of Google’s new tablet leak
- Saint John oil refinery explosion worries residents
- Saints star Brees sets National Football League all-time pass yardage record
- Israeli PM’s wife goes on trial for fraud
- Engadget gets hands-on with unreleased Pixel 3 XL