"Started building our own auto carriers this weekend to alleviate load", Musk wrote.Additionally, the company implemented a program that permits "hand delivery" of the Model 3 to the offices or homes of new owners called Tesla Direct.
If social media posts and anecdotes from participating owners are any indication, it appears that Tesla's volunteer-boosted Model 3 delivery weekend is looking to be a success. Customers in Los Angeles are receiving emails offering to deliver cars directly to their homes and offices for free. It has hit and passed that target, which is among the reasons it can not get some Model 3 vehicles to customers.More news: After Hurricane Florence: Aerial views of flooding in the Carolinas
'This Saturday and Sunday we are offering free Tesla Direct service to your home or office.
Musk alluded to the pressure the company is under in an email to employees published as a blog post on September 7, Tesla "is about to have the most incredible quarter in our history, building and delivering more than twice as many cars as we did last quarter", he wrote.
Pomp added that the delivery service is available on a "first come, first serve basis".More news: Kavanaugh facing prosecutor said to be unbound by politics
Previously this month, Musk acknowledged that the company was dealing with more logistical problems now than production delays.
The email reads: 'I am helping to deliver your Tesla Model 3 in the LA Metro area. There weren't enough vehicles on site at the Fremont factory, so Tesla started giving short delivery timelines to customers who came but didn't get their auto. Last quarter, Tesla built 53,339 vehicles including 28,578 Model 3s.
On the plus side, Tesla is aiming for record production and delivery numbers. To resolve the issue, the company is building its own.More news: Marvel to create separate TV shows for its heroes, villains
The Model 3 is key to Tesla increasing its profitability and Tesla's share price is down almost 30 percent since early August.
- Donald Trump says he prefers to keep Rod Rosenstein, may delay meeting
- Germany to host UEFA EURO 2024
- Lawyers For Brett Kavanaugh's Alleged Victims Were Uncooperative, Claims Grassley
- NFL's other unemployed anthem-kneeler finally finds a team
- Trump Says He Could Withdraw Nomination Of Top Court Pick Brett Kavanaugh
- Pres. Trump Indicates Second NK Summit Will Happen In Near Future
- UEFA give Cristiano Ronaldo a one-match ban for his red card
- Authorities find body believed to be boy missing from North Carolina park
- Florence: Severe flooding feared near SC coast
- Trump accuses China of election meddling