After years of existing as an amorphous, inky blob, Death Stranding is finally taking shape before our eyes: first with actual cargo-hauling gameplay at E3 2018 and now with what looks very much like the intro cinematic to a boss battle.
Previous trailers have left a lot of question marks following their release, such as who the group of floating people are, why the world is plagued by invisible monstrosities and whether Mads Mikkelsen will ever truly know what his character is doing prior to the game's release.
Hideo Kojima promised fans new Death Stranding footage at TGS 2018, and he has delivered.More news: Leonard says he's 'ready to play basketball' after injury-plagued year
It's the quickest glance yet at Death Stranding, which you can check out for yourself down below.
Alongside the new trailer, Kojima also announced a few more additions to the game's massive cast.
This freaky dude is being voice by Troy Baker, legendary video game voiceover artist.More news: Trump sticks with Kavanaugh, calls sexual assault allegations "totally political"
As for the Man in the Golden Mask, he looks like a sinister counterpart to Sam, with a similar hooded outfit and even his own weird little baby pod (though his glows red).
While the new trailer doesn't reveal any other new characters, Kojima Productions did reveal another prominent character in the story, Sam's (the protagonist, played by Norman Reedus) boss, who for the moment is unnamed, but is portrayed by Tommie Earl Jenkins. The game uses the Decima Engine created by Guerrilla Games.More news: Modric beats Ronaldo and Salah to FIFA Best prize
- MetroPCS gets rebranded to Metro by T
- Trump says 2nd summit with North Korea likely 'quite soon'
- Nokia 5.1 Plus price to be revealed today via Flipkart
- Wails, vows of revenge at Iran funeral after parade attack
- Kavanaugh accuser Christine Ford opens door to testifying next week
- Dallas police fire officer who fatally shot man in his own apartment
- Uber and Grab Fined Millions Over Merger That Broke Antitrust Rules
- Iran Blames US, Saudi Arabia & Israel for Deadly Attack on Military Parade
- Saudi Arabia rejects Trump request to hike oil output
- EPL: What Chelsea assistant coach, Zola said about Hazard