The striker, 30, had said in March he could leave City in 2020, when his previous deal was due to expire, as he wanted to end his career at boyhood club Independiente in his native Argentina - where his family are still based.More news: Aaron Rodgers Concerned Knee Injury Will Get Worse
The former Barcelona manager added: "I am so happy we could extend his contract and keep him 10 years at one club".
The striker has handed City a boost by agreeing a one year extension to his contract. "This was the main reason I signed".More news: Trump Returns To Form By Lobbing Grenades At Kavanaugh Accuser Blasey Ford
"He has been so important to this club since his arrival in 2011 and he remains at the forefront of what we are want to achieve in the coming years", director of football Txiki Begiristain said.
Aguero has spent the last seven years with the Premier League champions, with a return of 204 goals in 299 appearances an all-time record for the club. The Germany worldwide was withdrawn at halftime and replaced by Leroy Sane.More news: When and where to watch Pak vs Afg Live broadcast
"It's true that we've got a lot of young talent that in the future can make the difference", Aguero said. At the same time the youngsters are quite developed already, like Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling, Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus.
- Cubs closer Morrow shut down for rest of 2018
- Tour Championship LEADERBOARD: Tiger Woods leads, Rory McIlroy in the running
- Kris Reveals She Helped Deliver Baby Stormi and Kim Is Grossed Out
- Kanye West calls out Drake in a series of Instagram videos
- 5-star SC guard Josiah James commits to Tennessee over Duke, Clemson
- Government calls off meeting with Pakistan at UNGA: MEA Spokesperson
- France Belgium become first joint leaders in Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings history
- Emery targets defensive stability as Arsenal claim win in Europa League opener
- This is when Storm Bronagh will hit Sussex
- Florence Flooding Prompts New Round Of Evacuations In South Carolina