The striker, 30, had said in March he could leave City in 2020, when his previous deal was due to expire, as he wanted to end his career at boyhood club Independiente in his native Argentina - where his family are still based.More news: Kavanaugh Accuser Open To Testifying About Sexual Assault Allegations
The former Barcelona manager added: "I am so happy we could extend his contract and keep him 10 years at one club".
The striker has handed City a boost by agreeing a one year extension to his contract. "This was the main reason I signed".More news: Kris Reveals She Helped Deliver Baby Stormi and Kim Is Grossed Out
"He has been so important to this club since his arrival in 2011 and he remains at the forefront of what we are want to achieve in the coming years", director of football Txiki Begiristain said.
Aguero has spent the last seven years with the Premier League champions, with a return of 204 goals in 299 appearances an all-time record for the club. The Germany worldwide was withdrawn at halftime and replaced by Leroy Sane.More news: Government calls off meeting with Pakistan at UNGA: MEA Spokesperson
"It's true that we've got a lot of young talent that in the future can make the difference", Aguero said. At the same time the youngsters are quite developed already, like Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling, Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus.
- 5-star SC guard Josiah James commits to Tennessee over Duke, Clemson
- How Trump's tariffs on China could impact you
- 'Disgraceful': Theresa May leaves Brits in France furious after Brexit speech
- PAOK Salonika vs. Chelsea - Football Match Report
- Martin Keown identifies the source of Mohamed Salah’s struggles
- This is when Storm Bronagh will hit Sussex
- Florence Flooding Prompts New Round Of Evacuations In South Carolina
- Meghan Markle takes mom to United Kingdom cookbook fundraiser
- Samsung announces Galaxy A7 with triple lens camera
- Trump Returns To Form By Lobbing Grenades At Kavanaugh Accuser Blasey Ford