And when factoring in how many relievers in the bullpen have closing experience, the Cubs bullpen is in better shape than most despite suffering injuries in the second half to their two main closing options in Strop and Morrow.More news: Meghan Markle takes mom to United Kingdom cookbook fundraiser
Morrow registered a 1.47 ERA with 22 saves in 35 appearances this season.
Morrow was examined by a specialist, whose findings revealed a bone bruise in the pitcher's right elbow wasn't healing, according to the Chicago Tribune's Mark Gonzales. Strop has 13 saves and a 2.26 ERA.More news: Aaron Rodgers Concerned Knee Injury Will Get Worse
NEW YORK - Left-hander Justus Sheffield was put on the roster by the New York Yankees and could make his major league debut this week. NY moved him to the bullpen in late August as preparation for a possible callup as a reliever.
"We knew we were running out of time to begin with", Morrow told reporters, "just the nature of the injury and the amount of time it takes to clear out". "I woke up feeling the same way I did a couple months ago".More news: Tour Championship LEADERBOARD: Tiger Woods leads, Rory McIlroy in the running
Abreu was admitted on Tuesday to a hospital in Cleveland and had the infection "cleaned up", manager Rick Renteria said before the White Sox opened a three-game series with the Indians.
- How Spider-Man PS4's Best Boss Battles Came to Be - Beyond Highlight
- Trump Returns To Form By Lobbing Grenades At Kavanaugh Accuser Blasey Ford
- Rafael Nadal to miss upcoming tournaments due to knee injury
- France Belgium become first joint leaders in Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings history
- 5-star SC guard Josiah James commits to Tennessee over Duke, Clemson
- Kavanaugh Accuser Open To Testifying About Sexual Assault Allegations
- Florence Flooding Prompts New Round Of Evacuations In South Carolina
- Samsung announces Galaxy A7 with triple lens camera
- PAOK Salonika vs. Chelsea - Football Match Report
- Mohamed Salah: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp not expecting goals repeat