And when factoring in how many relievers in the bullpen have closing experience, the Cubs bullpen is in better shape than most despite suffering injuries in the second half to their two main closing options in Strop and Morrow.More news: Emery targets defensive stability as Arsenal claim win in Europa League opener
Morrow registered a 1.47 ERA with 22 saves in 35 appearances this season.
Morrow was examined by a specialist, whose findings revealed a bone bruise in the pitcher's right elbow wasn't healing, according to the Chicago Tribune's Mark Gonzales. Strop has 13 saves and a 2.26 ERA.More news: How Trump's tariffs on China could impact you
NEW YORK - Left-hander Justus Sheffield was put on the roster by the New York Yankees and could make his major league debut this week. NY moved him to the bullpen in late August as preparation for a possible callup as a reliever.
"We knew we were running out of time to begin with", Morrow told reporters, "just the nature of the injury and the amount of time it takes to clear out". "I woke up feeling the same way I did a couple months ago".More news: Mohamed Salah: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp not expecting goals repeat
Abreu was admitted on Tuesday to a hospital in Cleveland and had the infection "cleaned up", manager Rick Renteria said before the White Sox opened a three-game series with the Indians.
- Samsung announces Galaxy A7 with triple lens camera
- France Belgium become first joint leaders in Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings history
- Government calls off meeting with Pakistan at UNGA: MEA Spokesperson
- Kanye West calls out Drake in a series of Instagram videos
- 'Disgraceful': Theresa May leaves Brits in France furious after Brexit speech
- Kris Reveals She Helped Deliver Baby Stormi and Kim Is Grossed Out
- Florence Flooding Prompts New Round Of Evacuations In South Carolina
- This is when Storm Bronagh will hit Sussex
- Tour Championship LEADERBOARD: Tiger Woods leads, Rory McIlroy in the running
- Ancient fat solves fossil riddle at last