Interestingly, the Atlantic Ocean housed three hurricanes at the same time, that before Tropical Storm Isaac being downgraded from its former hurricane status.
Maui Mayor Alan Arakawa said he hoped the effects of the storm would be limited. Isaac is forecast to gradually weaken over the next few days, and could degenerate into a tropical wave during that time.
The hurricane is now moving north at around 20km/h, and was expected to slow down today, becoming a tropical storm.
As of 5 P.M. Wednesday, the "storm of a lifetime" continued to make its way toward the Carolina coast, with max winds of up to 120 miles per hour.More news: Tropical cyclones Florence and Mangkhut pose threats - Philippines
Isaac is forecast to move across the central Lesser Antilles and into the eastern Caribbean Sea Thursday, and then move across the eastern and central Caribbean Sea through Saturday.
The Portuguese weather service said that wind gusts of up to 74 mph are possible by the weekend in the Azores, an island chain about 850 miles west of Portugal.
NHC forecasters say that a slow southwestward motion is expected for the next couple of days.
Isaac is moving west at 21 miles per hour.More news: Revere man killed in shark attack at Wellfleet beach
The National Hurricane Center (N.H.C.) in its 5:00 p.m. advisory said all tropical storm watches and warnings for Isaac have been discontinued, news that will be welcomed by interests in the Caribbean.
The National Hurricane Center or NHC said "Although the system is still producing areas of deep convection, [satellite imagery] indicated that the circulation had become even less defined". Tropical-storm force winds have been battering the Outer Banks and SE coastal NC for most of the afternoon, but as Hurricane Florence veers closer to the Carolinas coastline, hurricane-force winds are also inching closer to land.
The Met Office assured that Tropical Storm Isaac poses no direct threat to Trinidad and Tobago as it continues to move away from the Lesser Antilles. Tropical storm warnings and watches have already been issued for the area. A Tropical Storm Watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area. These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.More news: Florence pours on the rain amid fears of catastrophic floods
- Government to cut down non-essential imports: Arun Jaitley
- Recalled Sane sets City on way to win over Fulham
- Experts disagree on whether Dallas officer could be credible
- Dutch 'expelled two Russian spies over Novichok lab plot'
- Google defends Trump election reaction
- Cold boot attack leaves Apple and Microsoft systems vulnerable to data theft
- Kavanaugh denies high school assault allegation
- Impressive Chelsea, Liverpool maintain lead over Man City
- Vehicle driver plows into crowds in southeastern France, 2 wounded
- Formula 1 Ferrari Concept Car Shown by Ross Brawn in Singapore