Seven people were injured, with one woman suffering back injuries.
A LANDSLIDE at a beach on the Greek tourist island of Zakynthos has been caught on camera.
Tourists board a boat at the beach Navagio following a rockfall, on the island of Zakynthos, Greece September 13, 2018. The rest only had minor injuries.More news: GM recalls one million pickup trucks, SUVs
The coast guard said one foreign woman was injured and was being transported to a local hospital.
Video footage shows beach-goers running in panic as part of a cliff peels off the rock wall at the end of Navagio beach, tumbling to the sand. O'Connell estimates there are around 400 to 500 people in the area when the rockfall occurred and around a dozen tourist boats were out in the bay.
An air and sea search was conducted as a precaution in case there was anyone trapped under the rocks.More news: José Mourinho: Mino Raiola should say if Paul Pogba wants to leave
Rescue services with sniffer dogs are searching the beach for possible victims.
Two small boats just off Navagio beach - nicknamed "Shipwreck Beach", after a freighter shipwreck in 1980 - also capsized as a result of the rockslide.
Lynette Bridges, 58, was on a tour boat, pulling up to "Shipwreck Beach" as the incident happened.More news: Volkswagen to stop making iconic Beetle next summer
"We started to hear this almighty cracking sound and the first lot came down quickly followed by the second lot", she said.
- Full alert as massive super-storm nears Philippines
- Novichok Suspects: We Only Went To Salisbury To See The Cathedral
- NASA posts incredible video of Hurricane Florence from space
- Hurricance Florence: Watch the storm close in from space
- Ramos returns to chair after Serena dramas as stats back him up
- FEMA to test 'Presidential Alert' system next week
- Syria’s Looming Idlib Offensive Is Stalled by Turkey
- Adam McQuaid Traded From Bruins To Rangers
- Apple Explains "Everything to Know" About iPhone Xs in 54 Seconds
- Sheikh Mansour: Much more to come from Manchester City