Henderson had started in Liverpool's final game before the worldwide break, a 2-1 win over Leicester City which saw the Reds extend their flawless start in the Premier League to four matches. Firmino's effect on games cannot be measured in goals.
Firmino, who scored his team's second goal at the start of the second half against Tottenham, had to travel back to Liverpool separately from his teammates.
Kane has been a constant scourge of Liverpool, scoring five times in seven appearances against the Reds, including twice in a 4-1 thrashing at Wembley last season.
Such wasteful finishing set up late drama as Lamela pounced on slack set-piece defending before Mane escaped a penalty shout for an untidy challenge on Son Heung-min. Amusing. I haven't seen it back, I only saw the situation from 60 yards away so I've no clue what exactly happened.More news: Delhi Cop’s Son, Two Others, Held For Thrashing Woman on Camera
Unlike Spurs' England contingent, Klopp has bedded captain Jordan Henderson slowly back into action, while Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane's early exits in Russian Federation with Egypt and Senegal meant they had a few weeks of pre-season training. It was punched to Dier, whose weak header presented Wijnaldum with the opportunity to nod high into the net.
The Tottenham goalkeeper tried to keep his effort out but goal line technology ruled that the ball had crossed the line.
The second came in the 54th when Mane was able to glide past Trippier.
"After that we had pretty good results and I don't think we conceded a lot of goals".More news: Regional Pot Workers Could Face Lifetime Ban From US News Centre News
More sloppy play from Tottenham after the break gave Vorm the opportunity to atone for his error with a sharp stop from Mane, before Lucas Moura found space at the other end to shoot against the outside of Alisson's right post.
Danny Higginbotham believes that Saturday's clash with Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley will suit Liverpool FC.
However, Liverpool preserved their flawless start with five wins from five after coming through arguably their biggest test yet.
"They deserved the victory, but there were some key moments", said Pochettino. "I am not anxious I promise you". We had 85 brilliant minutes, although unfortunately we didn't finish the game off. "I completely trust my squad".More news: Booming sales for Woodward's 'Fear,' Trump presidency book
Liverpool begin their Champions League campaign on Tuesday when Paris Saint-Germain come to Anfield.
- IPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are already selling out — Surprise
- Oil prices rise on declining USA crude stockpiles, looming Iran sanctions
- Washoe County Human West Nile Case Most Likely Acquired Locally
- Gov. McMaster cautions SC residents as Hurricane Florence moves toward state
- Flood waters rise as Florence pummels Carolinas; at least eight dead
- Hurricane Florence: North Carolina residents urged to leave
- TCU Horned Frogs lead Ohio State Buckeyes 14-13 at halftime
- Athens prepares for Hurricane Florence, statewide emergency declared
- Jamie Dimon doesn't have the "smarts" to be president
- Details emerge about Browns' decision to part ways with Josh Gordon