Maybe I was a little anxious. "I'm still adapting to the Italian league".
The Brazilian escaped with a booking for elbowing and then head-butting his rival as they tangled before the Sassuolo goal but was then sent off after video cameras caught him spitting at the same player in another altercation.
Sassuolo got their only goal of the match in the 90th minute through Khouma Babacar.
The Portuguese superstar secured a €100 million (£89m/$116m) move to Turin over the summer after opting to bring a nine-year stint with Real Madrid to a close.More news: Cold boot attack leaves Apple and Microsoft systems vulnerable to data theft
Let us know in the comments.
Earlier, Roma threw away a two-goal lead as bottom club Chievo snatched a 2-2 draw at the Stadio Olimpico to dent morale before a daunting midweek trip to Champions League holders Real Madrid.
His barren run had stretched beyond the 300-minute mark during a goalless first-half at the Allianz Stadium, but he did not have to wait long to make his mark after the interval.
Valter Birsa pulled a goal back in the 52nd minute, with Polish striker Mariusz Stepinski sealing a point for the club from Verona seven minutes from time.More news: Juventus 2-1 Sassuolo: Cristiano Ronaldo scores first Serie A goals
The win is Juventus' fourth from four games this season.
"Today, even though it was the first time with this system, we did well".
"It's human to be like that, sometimes we can't control our anxiety", he said.More news: Final Delta 2 launches ICESat-2
- Arsenal Superstar Responds to Rift With Coach Unai Emery
- LeBron James reacts to Canelo Alvarez-Gennady Golovkin fight
- Zimbabwe cholera death toll rises to 25
- Maurizio Zamparini: Paulo Dybala will leave Juventus in January
- Threat becomes reality: Florence begins days of rain, wind
- Liverpool a step up for PSG, says Verratti
- Apple Is Releasing Its Largest iPhone to Date, the XS Max
- Jamie Murray: Serena Williams' sexism claims are 'a bit far-fetched'
- Razer Phone 2 Image Digest
- Experts disagree on whether Dallas officer could be credible