Zlatan Ibrahimovic simply doesn't score ordinary goals, but even by his standards, his 500th career goal was special.
The six-foot-five (1.95 metre) Ibrahimovic released a perfectly-timed roundhouse kick in the 43th minute that fooled goalkeeper Alex Bono for his 17th goal of the season.
He is now joins Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as being the only active player to score 500 goals for club and country.More news: Good start carries Bengals past Ravens
Ibrahimovic's first goal for the Galaxy was a 40 yard wonder strike that made the score 3-3 in the Los Angeles derby, following that up with a 90th minute victor in his debut match.
Toronto had jumped out to a 3-0 first-half lead at BMO Field before Ibrahimovic's goal fueled a furious Galaxy rally that saw a tie game by the 58th minute.
Ibrahimovic joined the Galaxy in March on transfer from English Premier League's Manchester United.More news: Toronto city clerk says it's becoming 'virtually impossible' to hold municipal election
"Obviously it's not good to lose. but I'm happy for Toronto because they'll be remembered as my 500th victim", Ibrahimovic told TSN after the game.
In his career, the 36-year-old has scored 156 goals for PSG, 66 goals for Inter Milan, 56 goals for AC Milan, 48 goals for Ajax, 29 goals for Manchester United, 26 goals for Juventus, 22 goals for Barcelona and 18 goals for Malmo.
Fomer Sweden International Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored a stunning goal in the MLS on Sunday. "It reminds me of a goal I did in Ajax", he said. "I was just trying to hit the goal and it went in". Toronto answered with two more goals to win 5-3.More news: Booming sales for Woodward's 'Fear,' Trump presidency book
- Rugby Championship: South Africa stun New Zealand in Wellington
- Texas A&M replaces Texas as most valuable program
- Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun resigns
- Texas board of ed drops Hillary Clinton, Helen Keller from history classes
- Jamie Dimon doesn't have the "smarts" to be president
- Washoe County Human West Nile Case Most Likely Acquired Locally
- Details emerge about Browns' decision to part ways with Josh Gordon
- Israel launched missile attack on Damascus airport: Syria
- Florence pours on the rain amid fears of catastrophic floods
- Gov. McMaster cautions SC residents as Hurricane Florence moves toward state